Sankey coupler handle length

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

senorswiss

Reaction score
I am planning to keep a 1/6 or slim 1/4 barrel in my keezer along with my home brew. Can anyone tell me if a standard coupler will fit or do I need to buy the shorter handle version (i.e. http://rapidswholesale.com/Merchant...Product_Code=FT44&Category_Code=CouplersLever)? I've searched quite a bit and can't find anything definitive - only suggestions that the shorter handle may help...

I'd rather get a SS coupler if the standard length handle will fit.

Thanks!

I think that short handle allows it to close fully on a smaller diameter keg (e.g. 1/6th), Ive only ever used a standard size sanke coupler handle and havent had any issues with the 1/6th barrel. If you are worried about height, then you should look at something like this: http://www.micromatic.com/draft-keg-beer/keg-taps-couplers-pid-FT44T-PR.html

The one you referenced will have the beer line running out the top of the coupler, the low profile one has gas in on one side and beer out on the opposite

Well, depends on how much room you have in your keezer. The 1/6 kegs are generally the same size as a cornie. I measured my sanke tap and I recon you'll need at least 6.5" of clearance .....not for the handle but for the beer line connection.

Thanks for the replies. I'm not worried about the height, but rather the handle hitting the raised sides of the keg when tapped.

3m33p23oe5Q35U05R2b6g80ac91b7ea971f4a.jpg

Will these work with a regular pin lock keg dispensing system? I can get a good deal on these, but need to be sure they'll do what I want. I'm planning to use this to serve commercial beers from my pinlock keg setup.

Back