Rhizomes - anybody have any?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkSheffield

Reaction score
I know that it's (very) late to start a bunch, but does anybody have any selection of rhizomes? I'm looking for hallertau and/or cascades, would use similar, just want to get them in this year so I can harvest next

thanks - Mark

thank you - I've gotten in touch with Niko already and he's looking to see what he has.

Any other leads would be appreciated

- Mark

If you can not find rhizomes I would look for someone local and take cuttings from their plants. It's not as quick and reliable as rhizomes but it seems to work.

I could cut you some shoots, but of course you would have to be close to me, Im in NC.

I'm in MA. You'd have to baggie them with a wet paper towel and send by mail. That would be outrageous if it worked. I'd be game - Mark

i just ordered 10 from ebay (cascade). I havnt gotten them yet but I dont think i will be able to plant all of them.

If you could spare some, I'd surely appreciate it.

I'll be off the air for a bit here, as I'm traveling and won't be able to log in anywhere for a few days. I'll PM you with my address and some other stuff

thanks - Mark

I feel your pain. I waited too late last year and had to skip the whole season. I tried to order early this past winter and almost nobody wanted to hear from me because I was early when I tried ordering in January.

Does anyone know a way to get a few Polaris rhizomes? Apparently they wont ship them from Germany... So is anyone going there this winter? HA!

Does anyone know a way to get a few Polaris rhizomes? Apparently they wont ship them from Germany... So is anyone going there this winter? HA!

It is probably illegal to bring them in the country without some official certificate saying it was clean stock. Might even be considered an invasive species.

You win the award for necro-bumping! Six years! I'm impressed. :ban::ban:

But yeah...probably not going to happen. Moving species across international borders is best left to those with lots of time and money.

You win the award for necro-bumping! Six years! I'm impressed. :ban::ban:

But yeah...probably not going to happen. Moving species across international borders is best left to those with lots of time and money.

Wouldn't this be a good place to start to find a source of the rhizome if someone had time and was willing to spend money?

Have you heard of Great Lake Hops they sell the whole plant and they are great! I live right next to them so it's easy for me to get plants but you can order them online at greatlakeshops.com !

I bought some from eBay earlier in the spring just before planting and he included some extra rhizomes that were small but still grew, I ordered 4 magnum and 4 centennial with all the extras that took I ended up with 20 total plants. they came in a ziplock bag with a wet paper towel I just put them in the refrigerator for a month then planted.

Back