Help me with dry hop choice?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tdoft

Reaction score
I just brewed up a Diamond Knot IPA inspired brew this Saturday. It used Marris Otter, Munich and Crystal 20 for the malt bill and Homegrown Galena for bittering and finished with 20minute, 5minute and flameout additions of Columbus. I originally planned to dry hop with 2 oz of Columbus but I got to thinking it may be a bit one dimensional/grapefruity. So I thought maybe I'd add a bit of interest by dry hopping with 1 oz of columbus and one once of something else. Perhaps Chinook for a little piney mojo? I've never actually tasted DK IPA and I've never dry hopped with Chinook so I'd love a little input from folks who know what they're doing. So..please give your .02 on what hops I should dry hop with. My favs in general are columbus (obviously), centennial, chinook, amarillo, cascade and simcoe. Thanks!!:)

With IPAs, I like to stick with the C's. They're all around great hops and work good at any point. I also like to dry hop with whatever I used in the boil. In your case, I would say go with the Columbus as planned. If you want a little extra depth, I'd say Amarillo, Simcoe, or Centennial are always an excellent choice.

Latest posts

Back