So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sunday i plan on a zombiedust clone! Nevr had an all citra brew before. While at the LHBS i saw another all citra brew Citra Ass Down so i grabbed the four pack. What a beer! Anyone else? Whats everyones thoughts on this one?

10 mins. left on my mash, 6 gals of Dogfishhead PA clone. Got an early start. Should be watchin preseason baseball and sippin some Russian Gun Imperial Stout for inspiration on future brews this afternoon!

made a Belgian Dubbel Ale last night, my first attempt at a
Belgian ale. The fermentor is actively bubbling away this morning. :tank:

Strike water is heating the mashtun! Gonna have a wee bit of fun making a heavy... :)!

Just got my temp of 154° spot on!

Trying my hand at a Sante Adarius West Ashley clone. I made a saison using the grain bill described in the "Sour Hour" interview with their head brewer. I inoculated it with 60% 3724 and 40% 3711 (Belgian and French saison yeasts). I'll be wrapping it a heat blanket and controlling ferm temp at 80F. Then, I'll be transferring to a 10gal barrel that previously help my bourbon barrel stout. I figure bourbon undertones will play well with my fruit plans later. When it's transferred to the barrel I will also add dregs from a Sante bittle, and possibly some Bootleg Biology's Funk Weapon #3. It will age many months, then I will transfer back to carboys and age half on Peaches and half on Apricots. I really hope this works.

Running out of Heady Topper clone, brewed a double batch this afternoon - outdoors on a lovely day up here...

heady_topper2.jpg

Cheers!

Thought about whipping together something simple for a "drinking" beer. At first thought I would make a pale&cluster/centennial SMaSH but gonna have to think a bit if I should throw in a pinch of munich and a second hop. Looking for a no nonsense drinkable beer with some body but deffy not a munchener, and enough hops to have a crisp little kick but no IPA/APA. Ideas? Links to recipes?

Thought about whipping together something simple for a "drinking" beer. At first thought I would make a pale&cluster/centennial SMaSH but gonna have to think a bit if I should throw in a pinch of munich and a second hop. Looking for a no nonsense drinkable beer with some body but deffy not a munchener, and enough hops to have a crisp little kick but no IPA/APA. Ideas? Links to recipes?

How about Orfys mild?

Just sitting on a 7oz hopstand for a dipa brewed today using Amarillo, citra and Galaxy, 1318 yeast with an added 8 oz dry hop. Used warrior to bitter then a small 5oz 5 min addition before cooling to my 175deg hopstand temp. Hopefully come in close to my 1.068 expected og.

I'm brewing my attempt at a Congress Street clone on Sunday. Couldn't get galaxy hops locally so they're arriving today. It's my first attempt at AG, so should be fun. My assistant has been doing BIAB for years, so he'll be a good resource.

I built a checklist and double checked my equipment last night. We have a "brewer's meeting" (excuse to talk about brewing and drink some beer) tonight. After being away from brewing for 15 years, I'm stoked to get back into it.

Brewed an IPA on Sat. Came in at 1.072. Had some leftover hops. Columbus Simcoe than Nugget. Want to dry hop with Azaaca. I hope it's gonna be good. Brewed 10G of it.

Tonight, if I'm not too pooped after a 60hr workweek, a chocolate stout, before another OT week starts. OT, the love/hate relationship..

Doing a rye old ale with WY1968 followed by Bit 'o Funk Brett in secondary. First time through.

mo 12.5lb 71.43%
rye 2.75lb 15.71%
flaked rye 1lb 5.71%
60L 0.75lb 4.29%
chocolate (350L) 0.5lb 2.86%

Bramling cross for all hop additions

Just finished up my first attempt at BIAB, 3 gallons of a Zombie Dust clone. Didn't feel like breaking out the e-herms setup in 15 degree weather.

Got my starter of WLP007 going this morning, trying an APA with no hops in the boil for the first time tomorrow. 1oz FWH centennial, then all whirlpool 2oz-amarillo, 1-citra, 1-simcoe.

Latest posts

Back