Cabela's pot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JerD

Reaction score
Has anyone done any modifications to the Cabelas 60 qt stainless steel pots. They've got them on sale for $70. I just ordered one and I figured if the steel is too thin to do anything with I can just return it since I live close to one of the stores.

Has anyone done any modifications to the Cabelas 60 qt stainless steel pots. They've got them on sale for $70. I just ordered one and I figured if the steel is too thin to do anything with I can just return it since I live close to one of the stores.

I've mounted a ball valve, thermometer and sightglass in a cheap Cabelas aluminum pot, and they seal and work just fine. I'm sure the steel ones are far more rigid, so I'm betting you'll be OK with weldless stuff. Might be too thin to weld to though.

Extremely thin steel might not be good for extract brewing (scorching risk) but with that volume pot, I'm guessing you're talking all-grain.

there is a whole thread on these pots. I just checked its still 59.99

Back