Consistently (really) low efficiency, here's my notes.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, I am usually a bit over OG, or very close to it. I think that due to the small batch size, boil off, wort transfer and trub loss are much more noticeable. Also, my BK is 4ga, so I personally can't start my boil with much more than 3.5ga, without having a heart attack. If I had a larger BK, I would b able to make that up. Since I am a kitchen brew, I'm going to try and get a larger kettle, and slowly increase batch size, to see if my stove can handle it.

You live in CT...Ocean State Job Lot has 20qt kettles for like $15 that could get you another gal in the boil. I've been using one and it's great.

dukes said:
You live in CT...Ocean State Job Lot has 20qt kettles for like $15. I've been using one and it's great.

Mind blown. Aluminum or SS? Googling ocean state job lot right now.

SS - It's this kettle. There are better ones out there but 1) they are A LOT more expensive, and 2) this one has been through 6 batches so far on my electric coil stove and is a champ. Looks like the closest Ocean State to you is Waterbury.

I'm pretty sure Christmas tree shops have the same 20qt for $19.99, might be cheaper depending on how far you have to drive.

Back