If your ever in new haven

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c.n.budz

Reaction score
You should check out Delaney's Tap Room if ever in the New Haven area. They have over 30 beers on tap, some local (New England Brewery, right up the road), some regional (Ithaca Brewery), some imports (lots of Belgian brews), some standbys (Guinness, obviously.) Lately my favorite has been Old Engine Oil, it looks exactly like it sounds but damn is it tasty. I"ve been going to this bar for about 5 years and I can't remember ever getting a bad pint there. Extra bonus, really hot waitresses and bartenders and great wings!

Not sure if you made it out here while he was in school, but if you did... Did you happen to check out either Anna Liffey's Or Richter's? They are 2 really nice little bars right near Yale. Anna Liffey's is a small Irish bar with, by far, the best Guinness in town and Richter's carries a pretty good beer selection (though they're better known for their scotch selection) and they still serve glass 1/2 yards. And if you sweet talk the bartender, translates to tip really well, they'll show you the old speakeasy underneath the place, kinda cool if like some history with your beer....

Back