Anyone had Blue Point ESB? I'm trying to "clone" it...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soulive

Reaction score
This beer is not easily located so I'm assuming not too many people have had it. Its the best ESB I've had and probably one of the best beers I've ever had. This is what I came up with...

8.50 lb Pale Ale (Crisp) (4.0 SRM) Grain 85.00 %
1.00 lb Vienna Malt (3.5 SRM) Grain 10.00 %
0.50 lb Caramel/Crystal Malt - 40L (40.0 SRM) Grain 5.00 %
0.45 oz Magnum [12.00 %] (60 min) Hops 19.3 IBU
0.75 oz Goldings, East Kent [6.50 %] (15 min) Hops 8.7 IBU
0.75 oz Goldings, East Kent [6.50 %] (5 min) Hops 3.5 IBU
1 Pkgs Nottingham (Danstar #-)

Blue Point's website says the OG is 1.056 with 35 IBUs, so I'm looking for a SU:GU ratio around 0.6...

I haven't had there ESB.
I just picked up a case of their Toasted Lager last night for the first time.
It's pretty good.

You probably already saw this but here is the info from the site for others.

Winner of a Bronze Medal in the World Beer Cup, Blue Point’s ESB is a traditional English style ale made with 2-row pale and English crystal malt. The malt of this full-bodied ale is balanced by copious amounts of English hops. Both Kent Goldings and Fuggles are used to impart a rich hop taste. Crack open a fresh jug of ESB, slice off a piece of tasty Gouda, sit back, and enjoy this unapologetic, mouth-puckering bitter handcrafted ale

I haven't had there ESB.
I just picked up a case of their Toasted Lager last night for the first time.
It's pretty good.

You probably already saw this but here the info from site for others.

Winner of a Bronze Medal in the World Beer Cup, Blue Point’s ESB is a traditional English style ale made with 2-row pale and English crystal malt. The malt of this full-bodied ale is balanced by copious amounts of English hops. Both Kent Goldings and Fuggles are used to impart a rich hop taste. Crack open a fresh jug of ESB, slice off a piece of tasty Gouda, sit back, and enjoy this unapologetic, mouth-puckering bitter handcrafted ale

Yeah I saw that, but thanks. I know they don't mention the Vienna on their site, but they are getting great nutty flavors from somewhere. If its not Vienna, they must be toasting the 2-row. I guess I could try it both ways...

This beer is not easily located so I'm assuming not too many people have had it. Its the best ESB I've had and probably one of the best beers I've ever had. This is what I came up with...

8.50 lb Pale Ale (Crisp) (4.0 SRM) Grain 85.00 %
1.00 lb Vienna Malt (3.5 SRM) Grain 10.00 %
0.50 lb Caramel/Crystal Malt - 40L (40.0 SRM) Grain 5.00 %
0.45 oz Magnum [12.00 %] (60 min) Hops 19.3 IBU
0.75 oz Goldings, East Kent [6.50 %] (15 min) Hops 8.7 IBU
0.75 oz Goldings, East Kent [6.50 %] (5 min) Hops 3.5 IBU
1 Pkgs Nottingham (Danstar #-)

Blue Point's website says the OG is 1.056 with 35 IBUs, so I'm looking for a SU:GU ratio around 0.6...

how did this turn out i was wanting to make it

Back