White Rajah Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The one from whole foods was the fancy caps, which is strange... Usually they have the freshest beer, but perhaps they're in the midst of a change over... Has it always been fancy? I can't always trust the owner at the lq store on freshness, but he said it came last week... Guess I don't pay enough attention.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Home Brew mobile app

Local craft beer store that runs through Rajah within days of delivery has had both caps in the past week. Perhaps they just ran out of printed ones, or had a bad run or something.

From a local store tonight that sells a lot of craft beer :

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Home Brew mobile app

1388454403994.jpg

I've seen both....the latest batch had the fancier caps. It was my belief that just the restaurant was sold, not the production brewery....I eat there once a week on the average....Jack(Sauce) runs the brewery.

The whole thing was included in the deal, the following explains it.

"On February 25, 2013 The Brew Kettle has entered a partnership with an investment group by the name of The Brew Kettle Strongsville LLC. No changes other than growth are planned. I will spend most of my days involved in the operations and distribution growth of our beer at The Brew Kettle Production Works LLC and Pam will continue to manage the Brew On Premise. The partnership was really put together to streamline the pub and update some of the physical and operational details that need attention, then expand to additional markets. I just could not financially do it all myself anymore and my time management skills had reached their limits. This is going to be a great improvement for customers, the dedicated staff, the business, our products and The Brew Kettle brand.

I opened The Brew Kettle with myself and one paid employee in 1995. My how things have changed over the past 18 years. We have gone through 7 expansions and The Brew Kettle family now employs well over 80 staff members. My biggest concern regarding this change is making sure that the staff and customers that have been there to help us grow continue to experience exactly what they have come to expect from what was once our little Mom and Pop B.O.P..

You have my word, I have not sold out, for me to return to my roots and grow the brewery is a dream come true as the last 18 years have been. I noticed on a Sam Adams commercial yesterday that Jim Koch's title is Founder. My new title is Founder and Managing Partner. The Craft Beer business is who I am and I certainly have no intentions of going anywhere in the foreseeable future, I would not know what else to do, this business and the craft beer industry is my life.

Thanks for all of your support and please joins us for what undoubtedly with be the biggest and best chapter in the growth of The Brew Kettle.

Cheers,

Chris McKim
Founder and Managing Partner"

I no longer see Pam in the Brew on Premise.....and Jack runs the brewery.....I know Chris is an avid hunter and fisherman....my guess is that what he is doing now.

I bet this is why we saw the gold caps. Probably waiting on these new ones to arrive.

image-124496130.jpg

3/4 of the way through my second attempt at cloning White Rajah and it is much closer than my first attempt. I bought White Rajah a couple times to do a side by side but i have found it is tasting different so I wouldnt say it's exact but it is close.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Any updates on how clone #2 turned out? I went to school in Ohio and fell in love with this beer. I would love an accurate clone recipe!! :tank:

Don't know if this is going to turn out to be readable (posting from my phone), but just happened to turn a bottle over and noticed this code on the bottom: " 0354 B1 0335", is this a date code? Is it a fair assumption that this is a date code? With that assumption, this would be from December 20th correct?

1397596376159.jpg

Those numbers are there from the bottle manufacturer. Brew Kettle puts bottle date on the cardboard box that (4) six packs come in.

Ive read thru this thread once. Would like to know if anyone has a close clone worked out. Seems like a couple people were working on it but im not sure if anybody nailed it down yet.

bump!

Anyone try bucknuts' recipe... I'd love to have a clone recipe for the Raj.

Been a patron of Chris since before he opened TBK the in the original location... walked in one day while he was still getting things set up. He had a microwave oven there and was selling Campbell's microwaveable lunch cups... because to get his license he had to sell food. If you ever meet him, ask him about the hell he went through to get that license... Wow - and that was all AFTER he had invested / installed the walk in refrigeration and brewing systems!

Anyway - TBK White Rajah is awesome and I am looking for a good clone recipe... would like to hear some feedback on bucknuts #2 attempt before diving in.

Doug

Brewing a Columbus IPA like batch tomorrow!

I haven't brewed it but I just had some more rajah last weekend. I'd say that recipe would at least get you close enough to evaluate if it is a clone (or a near clone) and wouldn't be a bad beer by any means.

How are the trials of this recipe going? Will be looking to give this a go when there is something near.

Does anybody have a 'latest' version of it?

Just kegged my first attempt at a White Rajah clone. Tasted good going into the keg... and looking forward to a carbonated tasting.

I must say - this beer turned out fantastic. Probably the most expensive 5 gal batch I've ever brewed but a 21.6% discount offered by my LHBS made it reasonable. I did have to make one substitution as they didn't have any Summit... so I substituted more Columbus for it.

I'll be brewing this one again - and make they get the Summit and see if it turns out any different/better/worse.

Keg 1: Not Quite Rajah
Keg 2: Koko Hop Scotch (Slightly higher hopped O'Dell 90 Shilling clone)

Back