Brew Days? What is yours?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

When do you mostly brew and how often?

• Weekdays - once a month

• Weekends - once a month

• Weekdays - twice a month

• Weekends - twice a month

• Weekdays - 3+ times a month

• Weekends - 3+ times a month

• Only when the SWMBO lets me between anniversaries

• Everyday all day!

Results are only viewable after voting.

user 22118

Reaction score
I find that I have less time on Saturday and Sunday to brew than the rest of the people here. What ends up happening is I read all the lovely posts about what is brewing, plan my own and then set out on Tuesday to create my beers. What brew days do you brew on mostly and how often. Right now I am on a two week turnaround roughly where it seems that every two weeks I realize that my beer on tap is almost out, my fermenter is almost ready and I don't have any more mild...!

Sometimes on Saturdays, but mostly on Sundays.

Less in the summer and more in the winter, probably a 2 - 3 times a month average.

The wife get days off during the week, but works most Saturdays. That's becoming my day of choice for brewing. Bottle, keg and racking are weekday evening projects.

Sundays tend to be my default brew days because Saturday is rugby day! :rockin:

I'm off to a late start today, so I may (GASP) forgo brewing today.

Evenings of any day qualify as brew chore days- transfering, bottling, kegging, etc.

I usually brew on weekends, about twice a month, but sometimes I'll go a month without brewing if I'm busy. This week I'm going to try brewing on Friday after work because we're heading to a cask event on Saturday. I really like to brew in the early morning, cause I'm a morning person.

Usually 3 Sundays a month I get to brew. I'm actually out-brewing my drinking capacity. I've been giving away beer too much lately to friends so I can brew more! :D

Whenever it is possible which varies GREATLY!

With two little munchkins it is very tricky. Usually EARLY a.m. (before the sun) or LATE p.m. (into the wee small hours...)

I did not vote because the options are WAY too uniform and regular to apply to me!

I avg. 2 brews a month, always weekends. I actually brewed sat and sun this weekend, which makes three for the month, but that is rare.

I would love to brew after work, as the wife has school a few nights a week. Problem is that brew day would run to late and make me a zombie the next morning. not to mention with darkness getting earlier, that makes it less appealing to brew weeknights anyway.

I brew every other Wednesday, usually. I love having weekdays to do it- when no one but me is home to see the huge mess I make. Of course, the house is spotless by 2 PM, so it looks like I didn't even brew except for a slight brewing smell.

I almost always brew on a weeknight, usually when Mama is working swing - that way I can get the smell and the mess cleaned up before she gets home to complain. I try to brew every 10-14 days

Where is the option for less than once a month? I love brewing, and wish I could do it more, but due to stuff going on all summer, I just didn't get a chance to really brew much. I have ingredients for Barleywine, just not the time.

I normally brew a few times a year, and would like to increase that, but so far have been unable to.

I normally brew on weekend, friday night, to sunday, depending on what we have going on, sometime during the weekend I get my brewing done.

I picked all day every day...but that is just when there is potential. I don't limit myself to brew only on weekends or in the mornings....if the kitchen is clean, I've got grains, and I think I can stay awake long enough....I'm brewing!

I will brew any weeknight and any weekend... Whenever I get the time I will brew. Usually 2-3 times a month...

for me it's whenever. I've brewed on weekends and weekdays before. Have to g to towrk in the afternoon. I've brewed after work and in the mornings. Right now I'm on leave and I'm breweing a dunkleweisen.

Lately I havent been able to justify a brewday until I have kicked kegs.

I'd be thrilled to brew up each weekend in a month to build a pieline but just an't manage the time that would be taken away from the boy to do so and nitetime brewing with a toddler and preggers wife is brutal come the following morning.

So, at best I brew up 10 to 20 gallons on a Saturday and don't brew again until those kegs are kicked. For me, that takes a little while fortunately as I don't drink heavily 1 or 2 pints a day at best (yes, even weekends). Mix that in with some store bought and a keg lasts a month or two.

I don't seem to get much time to brew on the weekends. Maybe with winter coming that might change. Recently though, Tuesday night after the kids go to bed is when I start brewing... 6 weeks/5 batches brewed on Tuesday with 1 week skipped.

I put weekends twice month.

On average I brew once every two weeks which keeps me stocked up pretty well.

I usually brew Friday afternoons/evenings after work (it counts as the weekend for me :p), the 2.30pm finishes I'm doing at the moment are great for brewing.

I have just the one primary, no secondary, so my goal is every 3 weeks when I bottle the last batch, in goes the next. I am still just using extract/steeping. As the equipment inventory increases I'll look to weekly brews and conditioning in secondaries. Then to an all-grain setup.

Rick

I try to brew strictly on the weekend. Although sometimes that ends up being Mon or Tue night if I got busy or lazy. But that's my best time, and I try to get 3 in a month. Two for tap one for bottling.

Nobody has voted "every day all day" yet. I guess DeathBrewer hasn't found this thread yet. :D

SWMBO works every other Saturday so I brew while she is at work.

every chance i get is more like it. i have to work to pay for these supplies, ya know! ;)

EDIT: but i voted "all day every day" because i brew about 3 times a week :D

Back