Hello from Raleigh, NC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mag

Reaction score
Just finished my first batch yesterday. Fermenting as I type this (perculator on the bucket pops every 2-3 seconds). Made a brown ale from extract loosely based on a recipe that came with the starter kit I purchased from a local shop, American Brewmaster.

Wanted to say hello, and the few days I went through the site prior to brewing helped ease my worries, and gave me some tips to share with my buddy that got me into this newfound hobby. The Stone Cold thread in the beginner's thread was a great read, and provided some helpful insight.

Welcome from Chapel Hill! American Brewmaster is great - they have everything you need and they're the nicest bunch of guys. There's a lot of local brewers around here - come to think of it, I think we're about due for a group brew...

Mag, i can't believe you brewed and didn't invite any of us. WTF?
Welcome to HBT

They are nice. I got an email for a wine tasting they are having. I imagine they have beer tasting as well.

What is a group brew?

Boston said:
Mag, i can't believe you brewed and didn't invite any of us. WTF?
Welcome to HBT

:D Sorry bout that, didn't know! Friend of mine (another noob) was over, and we were able to get a great batch going. Very excited to see how this one turns out.

Back