Some times I just don't know what I was thinking .. or not thinking

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jcmccoy

Reaction score
I was making a yeast starter today and I was making 2L of wort. I went and poured my boiling hot wort in to my growler and put a foil cap on it. I made a ice bath to cool it down. I put the growler in the ice bath and bang it craked and all my wort went in the ice bath.. :mad: What was I thinking.... or not thinking. Any how it was the last of my dme and now I may have to push back my brew day or just buy 2 packs of us-05.

I plan to brew Friday I was going to make a IIPA with a O.G. of 1.100

I guess I will have to save my W001 yeast for my next beer. I learned my lesson tonight never will happen again. I am kinda angry so I thought I should vent bah!

I guess a question would be how long do you wait before you pitch your yeast starter? I am talking about a 2L starter and I would want to decant of the extra beer.

Everyone makes mistakes. The former C.O. of my unit dropped a carboy full of beer down the stairs at his house. He watched as it hit each step before finally shattering against the cement floor of his garage.

MeatyPortion said:
Everyone makes mistakes. The former C.O. of my unit dropped a carboy full of beer down the stairs at his house. He watched as it hit each step before finally shattering against the cement floor of his garage.

Lol and i mean out loud. It's only funny when it's someone else

Back