Adding Lactose to a Creamy Smoked Amber Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChuckCollins

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Will be brewing a Creamy Smoked Amber Ale for a party,but I want just a hint of the smoke flavor,but want it to to a slight sweet taste but not over the top sweetness any hint or thoughts????

Is this the kit from AHS? I brewed it last summer, as the directions said. I wasn't overly happy with the "smoke" flavor, and there is a lot of it. I still have it kegged, and I'm looking forward to finishing that off. Maybe lactose wouldn't be a bad idea to make that a bit better.... I didn't consider it to be too "bitter", just very smokey I guess...

I recently made a smoked ESB with about a 10lb grain bill, of which 1lb was cherrywood smoked malt. Not sure I would add lactose to mine, but et us know what you do and how it comes out.

Yes it is,I think I will bottle it and let it age and mellow out,don't want to have it stay in a Keg for a long time! Talked to AHS Tech thought he said it had a hint of smoky flavor.

Back