Hello from Athens Greece

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walkero

Reaction score
Hello to everyone. I'm walkero, and that's my nickname. I found this great forum by Google (what else :rockin: ). The last 2 years I started learning more things about beer. Unfortunately, here in Greece the info that we can find about this fine drink is limited, and when you talk to some about beer he has instantly in mind the Heineken or the Amstel lager. That's a pity really.

The last 9 months I created a web site about beer (http://www.beerland.org) just to help more people to learn something about that drink. It has a lot of news, recipies, beer reviews etc.

Now I believe that I should try to make my one home beer. I'm trying to find out the necessary ingredients and stuff that is needed. More or less, the brewing procedure is something that all these months had the time to learn in theory. So I would like to try it out. That's why I got into this forum and community!

I hope that I will find the answers I need and that we all together are going to have such fun!

Walkero--you're certain to find all you need in the way of advice and information here. From one Greek to another--good job educating our people about tasty brews!

Monk
(Alex Fotinakis)

Thanks for your fast reply. Are you living in Greece? Did you see my web site? What do you think about it? And one last thing. I want to make my one beer. Do you know where could I find the basic ingredients, like malt and hops, to buy from?

Thanks again!

Sorry, Walkero, I'm from the U.S. and live in California. I was wondering myself how you were going to get the necessary ingredients for homebrewing in Greece. If you really want to make your own beer, I bet you could find an online store that would ship to Greece. I'd do a search myself and try to find an online vendor for you in Greece, but I can't read Greek. :(

I did see your website and it looks quite nice. For your beer style descriptions, you could find a lot of good info on this site: http://www.bjcp.org/styles04/
They even give commercial examples of the styles.

Good luck with your search.

monk

Back