• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Spring Cleaning Equipment Sale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrickyDick

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Found some stuff I no longer use, or have never used.

10" Phil's Sparge Arm ($10)

12" Plastic False Bottom w/elbow ($10) fits 10 Gallon Rubbermaid cooler (Thanks! for the reminder! I also found another plastic screen)

10" Plastic False Bottom w/elbow ($7.50) plastic bucket or 5 gallon rubbermaid cooler.

Wiliam's Brewing Mash Tun Jacket - for mashing in a 5 gal bucket ($25 OBO)

"Wort Wizard" ($10)

12" Stainless False Bottom from NB, with Brass Elbow & Nut($15)

Three CO2 Pressure gauges $5 ea (0-160PSI)

Aluminum Pressure Cooker & Steam Injection manifold with brass Ball valve - not entirely sure I want to sell this, because I COULD still use for canning - BUT Harvests have been poor here in FL. If anyone is interested would sell it all for $100 - new seals and gaskets with spares. Also have the stock pressure gauge to which the ball valve & QD have been connected. Can use to step mash in a 10 gallon cooler, or add heat directly.

immersion pump ($25) originally bought to recirculate ice water bath through immersion chiller, but never used.

Bazooka brand T- screen and adapter tubing ($15)

Custom ALL COPPER 1/2" ID manifold with IDEAL dimensions for use in a 10 gallon cylindrical cooler. I haven't finished this yet because I discovered it will probably not fit in my cooler because the glue has become separated from the inner liner causing the bottom to bow upwards when filled with a hot mash. Lead-free Silver soldered joints. Still need slots cut, and I've included the 1/2" copper fitting that would need slots cut to affix a worm clamp, plus some T fittings sawed in half to solder to the perimeter to keep centered. Would also need cleaning prior to use to clear up any residual flux. I have no clue what this might be worth to someone but would imagine that it'd be worth at least $50 even in unfinished state.

5 gallon rubbermaid cooler with lid ($20) have bulkhead avail too but currently installed in the 70 gallon below.

70 Gallon Coleman Extreme ($40) - never used. Briefly attempted to build a manifold - still have copper & bulkhead which I'd throw in for an extra $20

16 QT Stainless Steel Pot with 3 ply-bottom (non-magnetic) - $20

7 Gallon Stainless steel Kettle - very thin wall - scorched in one spot with weld repair, Could be used for HLT. Lid Incl. ($20)

In a month or two, I should be finished with my Brutus, then I'll have for sale: Heavier items pick-up only.

Sanke Converted keg by Sabco, with Stainless false bottom 3/8" Dip tube (brass comp fitting), Full port outlet. I may scavenge the ball valve. I also have a lid that fits fairly well, and have installed a sight glass (I have no idea what this is worth right now)

10 Gallon rubbermaid mash tun with lid and bulkhead fitting & Bazooka Screen - false bottom no longer works as the liner glue has separated the base from the insulation - however, the bazooka screen works great. ($50 with screen & Bulkhead - I'll probably scavenge the ball valve for my Brutus however)

King-Kooker ??? BTU burner at least 55k but I've seen these listed anywhere from 55k to 170k - mine's been ported for better flow, and with re-rod welded around perimeter with notch for spigot, and wind shroud. I've been using 10 g Polarware pot, and Converted keg on this for years. incl adjustable regulator with green grill-style fitting ($60)

50 ft 3/8 copper coil - don't remember why I bought this - new in shrink wrap. ($50)

10 Gallon Polarware SS kettle with 1 full coupler and 1 half coupler + lid ($125)

That's all

Gotta run to a B-Day Party or I'd upload some photos.

TD

Can you check on shipping for the 7 gal SS kettle to 45701, thanks.

Also interested in the 12 inch false bottom

What would shipping of the SS false bottom to 48038 cost?

Well-

If I do Post Office Flat Rate, this would only fit into their Large Box. I could try to fit it into the Medium box (11 7/8 is the limiting dimension) at an angle. Large Box is 14.50 without delivery confirmation or insurance I believe. Medium box is 10.70. I can see about UPS but would need to use a local Pack&Ship store. Also, I don't really have any packing materials. Might be able to get some old newspapers from my in-laws though.

If you like I can take it to the pack and ship and get a price with packing.

I should mention I work more than 50 hours per week and getting to a pack and ship might be difficult to do in the next few days, though I would hope to be able to do this some point this week. Let me know which option you prefer.

RH

Can you check on shipping for the 7 gal SS kettle to 45701, thanks.

Also interested in the 12 inch false bottom

Which false bottom? Plastic or SS? The SS bottom may be spoken for already.

The 7 Gallon Kettle I'll have to take to the pack and ship store to get a quote. I'll try and get this done sometime this week and get back to you.

You want insurance and tracking I assume? Bottom of kettle had a developing crack which did not leak, which I had patch welded. It is a bit rough, but should be suitable for HLT usage. Hard to go wrong for that price though.

TD

Which false bottom? Plastic or SS? The SS bottom may be spoken for already.

The 7 Gallon Kettle I'll have to take to the pack and ship store to get a quote. I'll try and get this done sometime this week and get back to you.

You want insurance and tracking I assume? Bottom of kettle had a developing crack which did not leak, which I had patch welded. It is a bit rough, but should be suitable for HLT usage. Hard to go wrong for that price though.

TD

Sorry the stainless steel one if it falls through with Ptish.

I would not really need the insurance tbh

I definitely would like the SS false bottom. Just figure out which is the cheapest way to ship and run with it. Let me know what works. PT

I'll bring the pot and the screen to work tomorrow and try to hit the pack and ship shop over lunch. Post Office is CRAZY at noon with over and hour wait last 3 times I tried, so it looks like I'll check UPS.

I'll post tomorrow for you on the prices for S&H and we can go from there if I can get away for lunch. Sometimes I'm forced to work over lunch at the rotation I'm on tomorrow (Tues).

TD

FYI-

Seems I need to upgrade my membership! Only can have 5 private messages!

Oh well. If you encounter a problem in contacting me, this is likely the reason.

I'd like to post some photos here, but I can't quite figure it out.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Insert photo asks for a http link.

TD

OK Folks-

As I do not yet have an upgraded membership, I can't really use the Private Message feature for all these transactions.

my personal email address: [email protected] can be used for further transactions.

The Pack and Ship place must be raking it in because their prices seem high.

Here goes:

False Bottom shipped to 48038: 8.66 in packaging costs, 17.05 in shipping. USPS has a flat rate box that I think I can fit it into for only 10.70. Of you're willing to pay 10.70 let me know and I can send you a PayPal Invoice. Send me an email if you want to proceed. I can pack the box with newsprint, and the boxes used seem fairly sturdy, I think it'll be ok for shipping this way.

7 Gallon Kettle to zip code 45701. This thing is pretty big. The Pack & ship said packing materials would be 17.39 and the shipping would be 36.40. I think that is outrageous. I will try and find a suitable box around the house and pack with some newsprint and see what the Post Office can do. Send me an email and I will contact you with the cost and fix up a PayPal Invoice for you.

Immersion Pump to zip 15238. This was also outrageous. $8 in packaging $18 in shipping. I think I can find a suitable box and pack tightly with newsprint and see what uncle sam can do. Would CERTAINLY fit their medium box FLAT RATE $10.70. Email me if this is acceptable.

Sparge Arm to 80923 - this could PROBABLY fit into a padded envelope. Not very fragile, but the arm, if bent could be damaged. Probably best to use an express mail letter sized box from post office. I'll check that out later tonight after kids are in bed. Pack & Ship wanted 7.59 in packing materials and 17.40 UPS. OUTRAGEOUS! Email me so we can proceed. Worst case, this would fit the Medium or Large box at USPS (10.70 or 14.50).

Bazooka Screen to 95776. get this... 8.34 packaging and 17.90 shipping. They must be CRAZY! This could also go into an express mail box or their Medium Box for 10.70 with no padding. Email me and I will proceed.

Thanks for all the interest. I think the USPS is gonna be the way to go either their priority/express mail boxes/envelopes or their flat rate boxes..

TD

You can definately send the Bazooka Screen via USPS Priority Mail. I'll email you.

Update-

I will be heading to the post office this Saturday and I will get boxes for everything that'll fit their flat rate prices. I will try finding boxes at home for the other items. I will send out PayPal Invoices to those who've expressed interest in buying the items in this thread.

Once payment is verified, I will ship the items to you.

Thanks for your patience. I, like many of us, have a busy job, and finding time for this is challenging. My motivation is not for profit, but to make room for new gear, and pass on the old but good stuff to other brewers who may find use of it yet.

TD

The 12" false bottom fits 10g round cooler, if I'm not mistaken.
For your pics post them somewhere like your gallery here or someplace like flickr and post the link to the actual image (right click image in browser, copy link)
I wish I was here earlier for the stainless FB.

Update-

I will be heading to the post office this Saturday and I will get boxes for everything that'll fit their flat rate prices. I will try finding boxes at home for the other items. I will send out PayPal Invoices to those who've expressed interest in buying the items in this thread.

Once payment is verified, I will ship the items to you.

Thanks for your patience. I, like many of us, have a busy job, and finding time for this is challenging. My motivation is not for profit, but to make room for new gear, and pass on the old but good stuff to other brewers who may find use of it yet.

TD

x2 with the "busy job". we all understand. no rush on the sparge arm.

I just want to interject here. If you are mailing lightweight items such as Sparge arms, don't use Flat rate boxes. Use weighted priority mail. It will be much cheaper. Flat rate boxes are for people shipping really heavy things to far destinations.

I am going to have to pass on the kettle with the shipping cost being so high, sorry.

Ok - got the cost, and found a box to pack it up in with some newspapers.

Priority mail is $18.20, Parcel Post is $12.17

let me know if you're still interested (by email with your shipping address). I'll send you a PayPal invoice if I get an email from you.

TD

I just want to interject here. If you are mailing lightweight items such as Sparge arms, don't use Flat rate boxes. Use weighted priority mail. It will be much cheaper. Flat rate boxes are for people shipping really heavy things to far destinations.

I had initially gone to a "pack and ship" place. prices were sky high.

The smallest flat rate box is a pretty good deal though (4.95) but not much fits into it.

TD

Thanks for the interest guys.

Not making much on this stuff, but since I don't use it anymore, nice to see it go to a good home.

As I mentioned earlier, I've not yet upgraded my membership here so I can only have 5 PMs in my mailbox! I'll be upgrading I think with the $$ from these sales.

Until then please send email to my regular email [email protected] so I can respond to your sales questions. If you already sent me your address (except for SacDan) I lost it because I had to empty my PM mailbox!!

With the exception of SacDan, I need shipping address for everyone who wants an item.

I also need to have an email address for you in order to send you a paypal invoice, which is the only I way I know to receive a payment that I'd trust.

Sooner or later I'm going to find a way to post my photos into the gallery here so you can see the rest of the gear.

TD

Again,

thanks for all the interest.

I might post the remaining items on Craigslist soon unless there is any further interest here. I've acquired some boxes and packing materials to help S&H prices.

I will be posting some photos of the remaining items soon after I've upgraded my account.

Thanks for the interest.

TD

Hope the folks that bought items from me are enjoying them.

My Brutus system is complete and I will now be selling my entire collection of brewing gear aside from what I will be using with the brutus setup of course.

Shipping many items will be problematic, so a local pickup would be ideal. I have a friend who I've been trying to get into homebrewing, and he just finished his first batch and is pleased with it. If he is not interested in the gear, I am going to be listing it either in this thread or the elsewhere on this site first. stay tuned.

I think someone emailed me about my converted sanke keg. I think I've lost that email and have been away on vacation for past 2 weeks. if that person is still interested, let me know.

TD

Tricky- Is the pump still available? I dont see in this thread if it was actually shipped or not.

That's an immersion pump, not meant for wort, but to circulate ice water into an immersion or counterflow chiller.

It is still available. Buyer changed mind.

TD

OK-

I've finally finished building my new Brew-Rig

All my old stuff is now for sale.

I'm offering it ALL as a set which you can see here:

http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd394/RichardHeld/

Asking price $800 No piecemeal. PM if interested. Local pickup only

includes:

10 gal polarware kettle, full coupling at bottom, lid, half coupling at half mark, dip tube
15 gal SABCO Keggle w/ lid, sightglass, full port and SS Ball valve, SS screen & dip tube
10 gal Rubbermaid Mash Tun - w/ lid, "Bazooka" mash screen, SS Bulkhead, SS Ball Valve
5 gal Rubbermaid HLT, SS Bulkhead, SS Ball Valve
6.5 gal SS kettle with weld repair, suitable for HLT use
KingKooker burner - modified to accept any of above vessels safely, and with Heating Shroud - burner has been ported for better gas flow.
Plastic Screen for use when Lautering in mash tun
Mash paddle, Spoon, racking cane, Auto Siphon
Coleman Extreme 70 qt - practically brand new, with plenty of copper fittings and pipe for converting to mash tun, if you want to make manifold.
IDEAL geometry copper manifold for a 10 gallon cooler mash tun - incomplete, but will all necessary parts to finish
ChillZilla Brand Convoluted Counter Flow Chiller
5/8 OD x 50' immersion chiller
3/8 OD x ~25' immersion chiller
50' ft x 3/8 OD copper coil BRAND NEW included
MISC copper and PVC fittings, Poly Fittings, SS and Brass Fittings, and Valves, too much to list
BONUS 6 x ~5 1/2" Chrome Plated Beer Shanks 3/16" (I think??) with integrated hose barbs Included at no additional cost
Immersion Pump - not for wort use, but could be used to pump ice water into immersion chiller or ChillZilla to achieve Lagering temps prior to pitching yeast.
Wort Wizard - a gimmicky device that is meant to allow use of a counter-flow wort chiller without a pump via vaccum & venturi principles.
OPTIONAL item (Extra $95) Steam injection system for conducting step-mashes in a 10 gallon cooler.

TD

Back