Holy F-in' protien batman

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G. Cretin

Reaction score
I have some serious stands of gooey nastiness swirilling in my wort right now. If it is protien I'm going to have the mother of all cold breaks:drunk:

In the boil. no pics...because I'm lame and don't know how to post pics

Thanx to mr. salty and promash the value givven to my efficency is 68%. WTF, that sounds lame is that normal? how could I improve my eff.?

G. Cretin said:
Thanx to mr. salty and promash the value givven to my efficency is 68%. WTF, that sounds lame is that normal? how could I improve my eff.?
One way is to crush your own barley.The stuff I got from the shop was not nearly as good as my new crusher.

G. Cretin said:

Well, how many times have you AGed?

Hmmm... well I can understand why you might be distressed about it..... have you explained your process on another thread? Might help if we know exactly what you are doing. Keep in mind, your doing a batch and they are typically less efficient. I have only done two and have managed to screw up figuring out the efficiency. The first batched had a lot of problems (tubbing came undone). Second went perfect :) But I forgot to that a gravity of the second pot I used. I'm kinda excited about it actually.... it started at 1.032, was put in the secondary at 1.010 and bottled at a flat 1.000. Its a stout and kinda taste like a Guinness. Though its a bit green still... might try one today. Did you check out that site....? Another place of interest would be the thread I did the stout on... took a lot of pictures....

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=10396

Actually I do a fly sparge. I'm sure the beer will be fine I just thought I would have a better % than that.
I had some really active yeast the guy at my LHBS said he had just got it in Fri. after 3 hrs I put a blow off tube on it cause it was an 1" from hitting the air lock.

Back