So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got BK's Spotted Cow clone (5.5gallons), a Pecan porter (5.5galons), dry raspberry sparkling mead, and some apfelwein on deck for this weekend... Gunna be a busy day tomorrow while SWMBO is off having a "girls day". hehehe

Planning on brewin Yooper's Fizzy Yellow Beer. And if i have time, i want to get a Pumpkin Ale into a fermenter as well.

Off to the gym, then getting ready to test out my new propane burner and full boil today with a classic american pilsner...can't wait!! So long electric kitchen stove!

I haven't brewed in 8 weeks and the pipeline is getting a bit low. Gonna put up a batch of Edwort's Haus Pale Ale. Got the fixins for a stout and Apfelwein.

Bottled 4 gallons of Saison this morning. Leaving the house in a minute to go get good water for the porter I'm brewing tonight. I'm gonna split it into two fermenters and use different yeast strains in each as an experiment.

I am doing a Kolsch. Just put in a gas stove so I am gonna see how that goes.

Finally brewing my most recent pliny the elder clone.

I have had on hand the grains (like $25), the hops (like $20), and the yeast for this ($15) sitting around w/o the time. At $60 for 5 gallons AG you can bet yo ass this is going in my private stock.

Bake-less brewing this weekend. Poured up a batch of EdWort's that is bubbling up nicely.Apfelwein

I made 10 gallons of brown ale yesterday instead of going to work. Ground water could only get it down so far, but then the AC stopped working so the wort is still sitting over 80* so I haven't been able to pitch yeast yet. I hope it doesn't catch anything.

made a vow to myself to try to brew more often. i plan to brew a wheat beer tomarrow as long as i can get to the homebrew store today. :mug:

Mutated porter-type thing last evening, mutated pale ale-type thing today. Will read Revvy's "Don't dump your beer" threads every day for the next few months...

Brewing up a pumpkin ale today and did up a belgian wit on wednesday.
Did you have problems finding pumpkin? My local grocer said their is a pumpkin shortage this year. No one in the area seems to have it in stock?

First shot at brewing a Pecan Nut Brown Ale today. Going to try brewing with roasted pecans despite a lot of warnings about using nuts in the brew process.

Brewed an Amarillo Pale Ale yesterday. Just checked the primary and it's bubbling away!

What was your recipe?
Mine was 20 lbs. 2 row, 4 lbs vienna, 1 lb crystal 120.
2 oz. nugget at 60 min, 1 oz. amarillo at 20 min, 10 min and 5 min.
Used a notty slurry that got from racking Ed's haus pale ale off of.
Actually Ed's recipe was the inspiration for this IPA. I tend to use this as a base recipe for a number of beers.

The Great Pumpkin ale
4ca98623.jpg

Starting the sparge (I need to clean my garage)

bed1ce27.jpg

Sparge manifold doing its thing

78d41041.jpg

Currently boiling away!

Brewed two batches Saturday.

First was a 5 gallon extract Hefe, like the Zymurgy experiment, followed by an all grain German Golden Ale.

Batches were intertwined, so I was boiling and mashing at the same time. Worked my butt off in the heat.

:rockin:

Back