Stomach Ache from Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alemonkey

Reaction score
Any time I drink a beer right after eating I get a horrible stomach ache. It's almost a burning sensation - it feels like it's tearing up my guts. I don't have the problem if I drink while eating, though. Anyone else ever get this?

Sounds a bit like gastric reflux. I get reflux if I lie down too soon after having a couple brews. It's caused by the upper sphincter on the stomach relaxing and letting acid into the throat.

That's weird, how did my response get to be #1?

Wow, you replied so fast your reply posted before the original post:drunk:

I don't think it's reflux - I used to get that really bad when I was younger and this feels different. It' like the carbonation is irritating my stomach or something. Very strange.

I get hiccups when doing any physical activity after/while drinking. I just have to wait like 5 min. or my night is generally screwed.

It may sound gross but if you burp and fart as much as possible it is better for you and you will feel better as well. Just try to do it subtly, and outside! :)

Back