• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Single-tier three-vessel electric brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samuelpeter

Reaction score
'Tis a sad day that I've put off for too long in an attempt to act like it wasn't happening. I'm moving to a smaller space two states away on Saturday and need this stuff gone by then. I'm having a hard time describing all of this but will do my best and can certainly answer any question. I spent a very long time designing this system to be super efficient and self-contained. The idea was that only two elements would be on at one time on two separate 120v circuits. This, however, can certainly be changed to 240v should the new owner decide to. Everything that might need a quick disconnect was given one.

The brewery is built on three fully insulated kegs, two March pumps, four PID controlled 120v elements (two in each the HLT and BK), hard-plumbed purified water-in, soft-plumbed everything else, 1/2" counterflow chiller, stainless tops, etc.

Everything is done but the last two elements, all of the electric, and plumbing the chiller (though it's basically done is you decide to soft-plumb it). It will include everything you need to complete it, from the silicone hose to a bundle of heavy gauge wire to the PID, three SSRs, etc. The ONLY thing I can think of that you won't get are the switches that I imagined for the elements, pumps, etc.

I've included a link to a quickly made time-lapse of the initial build-up. I can add pictures of anything you wish, or can take better versions of these.

The brewery and I are located in Chicago 'til Saturday (5/28)

I'm starting my price at $1200. Price lowered to $1100

Possible partial trades include a Mac Pro, large format Epson printer, higher-end photo scanner (not sure if anyone here is a photo nerd?), a decent mountain bike. At this point though, I need the money.

Please don't hesitate to ask ANY questions!

0516_0017.jpg

0516_0018.jpg

0516_0019.jpg

0516_0020.jpg

0516_0021.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice. If only I had the cash. That would fit perfectly into my garage.

+1. Would love to take this off your hands (and will even have family nearby), but I think the SWMBO would skin me for spending that on my "hobby"....

Who says she has to know? I only got away with it by buying everything over a long time, but it quickly became hard to hide.

I'm not opposed to offers. Even more than getting my money back, I'm interested in making sure it isn't here on Saturday.

Tempting. I'm only a few hours north of you.

I'm absolutely certain that SWMBO would kill me. If your 3 vessel system was large enough to sleep in comfortably I might pull the trigger.

Any interest in selling parts of the brewery or must it go as a whole? I live relatively close to Chicago and am interesting in certain "parts" of the brewery.

Todd

This seems like a fantastic deal, right? I'm nowhere near chicago so i am not in the market, but from what i've seen on some other systems the price seems right for someone to snatch it up.

No interest in parting it out. I designed it as a whole system, built it as one, and really want to see it sold as such. If I end up desperate, I'll let you know.

That was my hope! I've been intentionally avoiding adding up any sort of costs or time, but I'm sure it was more than this. I'll just be happy to know that someone else can put her to great use.

To clarify, because it has come up, the electrical system/control panel is NOT complete. All of the parts for it are here, but you'll have to do it!

Dropping the price to $1100. T-minus 3 days.

And for those that asked, dimensions are:
64" long, 56" tall to the tallest point, 18" deep

Back