It's dead Jim!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david_42

Reaction score
Yes, after six years of suffering, I have canceled my Hughes.net subscription! Gone are the days of dead-slow connections, erratic downloads and no connection at all. No more customer support by people who do not speak English and cannot diagnose their own equipment if my system isn't running Windows! Really, they cannot check their own modem to NOC connection if you don't have Windows.

I'll be at the new (to us) house most of the time and we have real broadband, about 120 times the speed for half the money.

In celebration, I have turned 'download images' on for HBT!

Not that I'll have much time with all of the repairs the house needs, but at least I can enjoy the experience now.

Welcome to the fast lane.

Now you can see this: :mug:

10Der_3.jpg

Welcome to the 21st century....If you would like all of us regulars can post all the images that we ever posted in all the threads we ever posted pictures in here for you so you don't have to go too far to play catch up....

Here I'll start with the first pic I ever posted on here.

drukensombrero.jpg

That's me in the sombrero from 2001.

;)

Yes, after six years of suffering, I have canceled my Hughes.net subscription! Gone are the days of dead-slow connections, erratic downloads and no connection at all. No more customer support by people who do not speak English and cannot diagnose their own equipment if my system isn't running Windows! Really, they cannot check their own modem to NOC connection if you don't have Windows.

I'll be at the new (to us) house most of the time and we have real broadband, about 120 times the speed for half the money.

In celebration, I have turned 'download images' on for HBT!

Not that I'll have much time with all of the repairs the house needs, but at least I can enjoy the experience now.

Huh, the people we brought our house from 3 years ago had it but because I was able to get a dirt cheap air card from the company I work for with EVDO I just used that. Now that I am being laid off and will lose that discount and I was thinking of getting Hughes Net. I am glad to hear they are not all that great BEFORE signing up. My only options where I live are that, dial-up and wireless via a cell phone carrier. I wound up getting the cheapest broadband from Cricket. Bad, sometimes I am only downloading around 15kbs and it drops alot.

Latest posts

Back