Something fishy with Bells batch finder - calling Kalamzooians

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beesy

Reaction score
Ok - so i'm a pretty big bells fan - very solid lineup.

fact - i have batch 9000 in my basement that was bottled on 01/27/2010
fact - i am currently drinking a bottle of hell hath no fury batch 9999 bottled on 09/21/2010.

so let's say it was 8 months exactly (within a few days in reality) to get 999 batches bottled by bells (kudos!!!). that averages 4+ a day bottled. why won't the batch finder display results for anything above 9999? was this a programming error or do you think they are trying to keep wraps on batch 10000 seeing how it's supposed to be the last one of the batch series. :eek:

I just have to say...

what the f**k are you talking about?

I really don't know what to say to this. If you don't drink Bell's and have never gone on their website to check out their batch tracker query tool, you won't know what I am taking about...:confused: That's why I said calling Kalamazooians hoping someone local to the brewery knew what was going on.

I wish I could help, and I enjoy Bells as much as most fans, I don't use a tracking device to locate batches of their beer. I'm too far away to make going there regularly an option.

However, I heard that Founders is having a Harvest Wet Hop release party this Saturday!! We are camping just south of GR and I am trying to find out if and when my wife and I could sneak off and check it out. My BIL and his family are camping with us. I am hoping my oldest can sit the kids for a couple of hours...

No idea, but when we got Hell Hath no Fury in I noticed it said batch 9999 which seemed odd.

I really don't know what to say to this. If you don't drink Bell's and have never gone on their website to check out their batch tracker query tool, you won't know what I am taking about...:confused: That's why I said calling Kalamazooians hoping someone local to the brewery knew what was going on.

see, how hard was that to explain what the f**k you were talking about?

I drink bell's. What advantage does one get by knowing the batch number? Or is it a "just for the sake of knowing" kind of thing?

see, how hard was that to explain what the f**k you were talking about?

I drink bell's. What advantage does one get by knowing the batch number? Or is it a "just for the sake of knowing" kind of thing?

By looking at the batch # on the bottle, you can go to their website and lookup when it was bottled so you know how old it is.

It has been brewed but maybe not bottled. Or they don't want to put up a Description until it is released. It used 100 different malts and fermentables which I think is kind of dumb. I've heard it will ship to distributors next week. It wasn't in the brewpub this past weekend.

Back