Am I wrong?..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dawggy_Stile

Reaction score
Brewing from an extract kit, am I wrong to strain the wort from the pot to primary?
To make it a little more clearer, the grains were steeped for 25 mins in a bag, then removed. Then started the 60 min boil. The hops is what I strained while pouring into the primary.

You might strain to get the hops out but you won't strain anything out of an extract batch.

i use an strainer bag that fits over the mouth of my bucket to pull most if the hops and junk out of primary.. i have done a couple batches with just leaving the stuff in, and havent had much of a problem because most sunk to the bottom. but the stuff that stayed from the krausen always made it to my bottling bucket.

http://new.midwestsupplies.com/nylon-brew-bucket-filter-bag-fine-mesh.html
works great

I wasn't sure if leaving em in when pouring into the primary would affect the flavor like giving it to much of a hop taste or not enough if their strained.
Now I just sit back and wait.
Thanks again for the help!

Back