Pottery Barn is EVIL!! EVIL, I say!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bedlam

Reaction score
Consider this a public service announcement.

Sooooo...here's the story. I got a fantastic job offer to move to East TN, and accepted. Without getting into too much detail, it is a rather complicated move, what with El Hubbo having to remain behind in Texas for job reasons and to (hopefully) sell the house. He'll be there, probably, a couple of months.

Anyhoo, about 1 1/2 weeks ago, we packed up about half of our household goods and headed up to TN. (For a blog about the move itself, complete with pics, go to: http://www.bedlamdoc.blogspot.com/ Make sure you click on the first three pictures to enlarge, so you can see who's "driving." Quite the adventure, moving two large dogs, three cats, three motorcycles and one 1968 Dodge pickup into a house we'd rented sight-unseen. I highly recommend it if you have low blood pressure or if life's just getting a little too boring for you.) Now, before I left, I went online and forwarded my mail like any normal regular person might. Silly me, though, made the mistake of clicking that I might want Pottery Barn to send me a catalog at my new place. "Hey," I thought, "I like cheap Pottery Barn crap, and I might need something at the new place." It was impulsive.

So now I'm alone in a house with half of my usual household stuff and none of the storage of my old house and a big ol' thick Pottery Barn packet came in the mail. I'm dog-earing pages just right and left. Every 30 seconds or so, I find myself muttering, "Oh, that would be nice" or "How cute! I could do that, then this would work over here..."

These Pottery Barn people are WAAAAYYY smarter than me. They knew. Somehow, they knew...
demonio3.gif

***After writing this, I thought it might make for a good second blog entry. So if you click on the above link, you'll get this post, then the one about the Big Move I was talking about. Just scroll down. Sorry for the inconvienence.)

Put the catalog down & step away. Preferably towards the nearest source of craft ale. Hubbo will appreciate your efforts in checking out the brew a lot more than a heap of Pottery Barn crap.

Put the catalog down & step away. Preferably towards the nearest source of craft ale. Hubbo will appreciate your efforts in checking out the brew a lot more than a heap of Pottery Barn crap.

You are so right.

You know, when I clicked on the magic button there at the USPS site, I remembered Pottery Barn being cheap. I hadn't seen any of their stuff in years. Although I'm dog-earing pages and getting ideas, they're EXPENSIVE.

I can't imagine sinking that kind of money into anything they've got. Especially as I'm now living in an area rife with antiques at less than half the price. Might be some elbow grease to make it presentable, but I'd prefer to have something I put a little work into, anyway.

Sad thing is, I didn't bring my brewing equip this trip, as I didn't have room and figured I wouldn't have time to whip anything up for a few weeks. And I'm right. I don't have time.

You know, when I clicked on the magic button there at the USPS site, I remembered Pottery Barn being cheap.

Between my wife, her mother, brother and myself we've worked for PB or one of it's other ventures (Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn Kids) for wow, over 7-8 years (only the bro-inlaw is still working for the company). Their stuff though maybe made cheaply was never CHEAP! The 40% discount was nice to have though.

:mug:

Back