Blarney.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orfy

For the love of beer!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm off to Blarney on Moday for a bit more of the black stuff.
Not sure I'll bother kissing the stones though.

Any one been?

There is a stone there,
That whoever kisses,
Oh, he never misses
To grow eloquent.
'Tis he may clamber
To a lady's chamber,
Or become a member
Of Parliament.

Blarney03_s.jpg

I lived in Ireland for a year when I was 12yo. Kissed the Blarney stone twice. It didn't help me much, I'm still pretty quiet.

I'd love to go back with my wife and kids.

I've kissed the Blarney stone (stay away from kissing Barney's stones...:drunk: though ), been to Cashel Rock, Buratty Castle, the ruins of the Black Castle, Cliffs of Moher, Cong (where they filmed the Quiet Man), Clonmacnois, Slain Castle/St Patrick's Church...and many other places in Ireland.

I went there and drove almost 1100 miles around the country.

My grandmother was born in Kilkenny. I spent 3 days there.

I enjoyed it all.

sudsmonkey said:
Dammit Bill! Where haven't you been? Ever been to Latvia or Paraguay? How was the beer?

Like my oldest sister, you've been around!
What can I say? I like to travel. If I can get my Uncle Sam to foot the bill the better...

As for your sister...I had her...(the Dice Man!!).

No, I haven't hit So Am or Australia...yet. Machu Pichu (Peru) is on the "to go" list though.

I've had several conversations with my Mexican neighbors and think I'll be planning on spending a lot of time in Mexico after I retire...

Closest I've been to Latvia is either Oslo or Berlin...(no map on hand at the moment...)

Speaking of Paraguay...anyone else heard/read that GW purchased almost 100,000 acres from the Gov't there...word is So America is where all the Nazi's end up when they're running away from the International Court for committing War Crimes...;)...Google it!!

I went to Blarney in February, quite the tourist trap. My wife made us go ;)

I have to say, Dingle, Doolin & Inis Moher(spelling?) and The Burrens were the best parts of Ireland IMHO.

Back