Noob - stuck ferm

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milldoggy

Reaction score
Total noob when it comes to wine. I have a muscat and malasvia, fresh squeezed 6 gallon pails. They seem stuck around 1030 after three weeks. No sign of bubble in the airlock. Should I just wait longer? Rack off lees and onto yeast energizer and another package of yeast. Any other thought? I had a pail of petit syrah and it hit its final gravity in the same amount of time.

Thanks

Don't add any more yeast... it should be fine. Will probably some down another few points over the next month

I forgot to take the og of the muscat, but I would guess 1080, the malasvia was 1085.

I used mocharet in the malsavia, and Lavlin Ec 118 in it I think. I am not home and can't look at my notes. I know my beer yeast numbers by heart, but not my wine yeast.

I forgot to take the og of the muscat, but I would guess 1080, the malasvia was 1085.

I used mocharet in the malsavia, and Lavlin Ec 118 in it I think. I am not home and can't look at my notes. I know my beer yeast numbers by heart, but not my wine yeast.

If you used those strains, and the OG was under 1.100, you should still finish much lower. If the SG is currently 1.030 or so (double check your hydrometer to make sure it's really accurate!), I'd stir up the wine and consider adding a little nutrient. No way it should stop so high, so see if you could help it along before considering repitching.

Back