Rubbermaid MLT recirculation port?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

High_Noonan

Reaction score
I just finished reading the 40 page thread on quick disconnects and I think I have most of what I will need to order mapped out.
But I have a question about my MLT.
I have a Rubbermaid round 10gal and I am planning on batch sparging with it.
In the next couple weeks, I will be buying a March pump.
Should I install a recirculation port in the MLT?
I see that some guys have sparge arms installed through the lids of their coolers, but I am not seeing too much on mounting through the side.

Any ideas, suggestions, warnings, advice or words of dis/encouragement?

just recirculate back into the top. I used a board with a hole in it to center the flow back in. then put a plastic bucket lid down to break the flow so i did not channel the liquid. run that for 5-10 min for your voloff and your good to go

My silicone hose just goes right into the cooler from the top, and submerged in the mash. I kept the hose extra long so I can coil it in the cooler so it creates a whirlpool while recirculating.

I do the same as Coldies. I put a camlock disconnect on the lid of the cooler and hook a hose to that. Keep the hose that is inside the cooler long so you can move the lid without moving the hose much

Latest posts

Back