Have to watch Wapner at 4, Have to watch Wapner at 4

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marko73

Reaction score
Hi all,

Since I am a newb, I am totally obessed with my brewing process and just can't seem to RDWHAHB. I fret over every little thing and I LOVE IT. :rockin:

Here's a mistake I made last night and I am not sure of the consequences if any:

As I was preparing to bottle, instead of disolving the priming sugar in a cup of boiling water, I actually dissolved 5 oz first in the water and then brought to a boil and it accidentally boiled for about 5 minutes.

As I was thinking over things, I realized this mistake.

I just wanted to run this by the veterans to know if anything might happen becasue of this.

Will the carbonation be lower? Could there be a burnt off flavor? or am I just totally nuts? :cross:

Thanks,

Marko

unless it changed color(caramelized) noticeably don't worry about.

I vote for you being nuts. :D

I wouldn't worry about it at all. I've had buddies add priming sugar right into the beer and it still carbed.

Thanks Folks! That helps. . I feel more relaxed.

No excuse me while I go make sure my baseball cards are in order. :cross:

I remember those days when I first started, I about had a stroke freaking out over every little detail. RDWHAHB works really well if you keep doing it over and over
:drunk:

Thanks Folks! That helps. . I feel more relaxed.

No excuse me while I go make sure my baseball cards are in order. :cross:

Rain Man, you should like me! I mutter to myself as I brew so I don't forget things.

One of the things I mutter is "airlock goes on the lid, then the lid goes on the bucket" over and over, since in my first brew I put the airlock on and it pushed the rubber grommet into my fermenter.

Just because my CDs/DVDs are in alphabetical order, doesn't mean I'm OCD. I just get confused when something isn't in it's place and I can't find it! I'm already set in my brewing routine (check ingredients, sanitize/prep, etc). Relax, have a beer... :mug:

Yooper, that is too funny. I did the exact same thing and freaked out. I put my nice clean sanitized lid and pushed my nice clean sanitized airlock in and pushed the grommet right out.

Just like I always haev my Maple Syrup ON the table, i now always have my airlock IN the lid. :D

Back