Need a taster for my sub par beer. reward with hopslam

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Veedo

Reaction score
well, wife and I have been brewing for going on three years now, and I would say half have been sub par beers. I need a taster to tell me where to start because we are at a loss to what could be wrong. we are now brewing in a bag with a 10 gallon kettle, blichman burner, plastic buckets, and a freezer for ferm control. we have bottle and kegged, currently kegging. always use starters calculated from mrmalty and yeastcalc. clean everything with pbw and starsan. ive read and read and read everything I can get my hands on and listen to brewing podcasts excessively. have used recipes from northern brewer, here, and our own. I can make all our numbers come out to the t by using beersmith, but our beer just isn't good. who wants to taste!? I can toss in a couple of hopslams or anything else for that matter. thanks!

well, wife and I have been brewing for going on three years now, and I would say half have been sub par beers. I need a taster to tell me where to start because we are at a loss to what could be wrong. we are now brewing in a bag with a 10 gallon kettle, blichman burner, plastic buckets, and a freezer for ferm control. we have bottle and kegged, currently kegging. always use starters calculated from mrmalty and yeastcalc. clean everything with pbw and starsan. ive read and read and read everything I can get my hands on and listen to brewing podcasts excessively. have used recipes from northern brewer, here, and our own. I can make all our numbers come out to the t by using beersmith, but our beer just isn't good. who wants to taste!? I can toss in a couple of hopslams or anything else for that matter. thanks!

Where are you located? I'll be in Escanaba on Saturday, and in Marquette on Monday if that helps.

I'm a certified BJCP judge. I don't need any Hopslam- as I have some. :D

Yooper said:
Where are you located? I'll be in Escanaba on Saturday, and in Marquette on Monday if that helps.

I'm a certified BJCP judge. I don't need any Hopslam- as I have some. :D

Yooper, when you're in Escanaba say hi to my uncle Leroy.. He's a good guy! :)

Back