best yeat wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

best yeast wine

• Red Star Pasteur Champagne

• Lalvin EC-1118

• Red Star Côte des Blancs

• other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Um yah, the, um, selections, considering they're for a wine yeast, are kind of, um, limited ...

Does wine yeast impart flavor the same way beer yeast does?
I've read conflicting info on this, and find it odd that the yeast discriptions never mention there flavors.

Halbrust said:
Does wine yeast impart flavor the same way beer yeast does?
I've read conflicting info on this, and find it odd that the yeast discriptions never mention there flavors.

Yes, yeast does impart flavor. Certain yeasts are tailored for certain wine types. Mfgs of yeasts will tell you what the yeast is good for.

Yes, yeast does impart flavor. Certain yeasts are tailored for certain wine types. Mfgs of yeasts will tell you what the yeast is good for.

But the wine I'm making is not of a certain grape variety, which seems to be what the manufacturers talk about. I've not yet seen a yeast say it works great with frozen welches cran-grape concentrate.

Most of the wine being made by the members of this website (according to what I've read) is frozen fruit, or frozen concentrate wine.

I'm looking for a listing that says: This yeast inparts spicy notes -or- This yeast lets the fruit aroma shine -or- This yeast offers barnyard aroma, but does not strip any color during fermentation. You know... that kind of thing

Back