lets see your full Fermenters

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wilserbrewer said:
That looks like it has potential to be a good kreusen bomb! Are those peaches in the fermenter? Watch that blowoff tube doesn't clog and go boom in the night...that would be some modern art for sure!

Yeah, it got a little crazy there for a while. It did blow some peaches out into the bucket quite forcefully. At week 6 I added the peaches and racked on top, sheesh you would have thought the peaches were napalm the way the wy3787 took off again!

kevokie said:
I gotta know how this one turns out, let us know because it sounds delish. You have a recipe somewhere?

It's still going in secondary, it's been on the peaches for 3.5 weeks. So far, by 12/5 it will be 10 weeks total. I'm going to keg it Saturday.

Recipe is: 5 gallons Peaches & Cream Tripel

7lbs Belgian Pale
3lbs Belgian Pils
2lbs Vienna
1lb Carapils

Mash @ 152 for 60

2oz Styrian Goldings (60)
1 Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla bean, split scraped and cut added to the boil (15)
2.5lbs Wildflower Honey @ Flame Out
Pitch 1.5L starter of WY3787 ferment in the low 60's for 3 days then let it go where it will.
1lb Clear candi sugar boiled and desolved in 1C water. Add at High Krausen.

6lbs Peaches into Secondary, rack onto them and let sit. As you can see from the picture, a blow-off is highly recommended.

2 Madagascar Vanilla Beans split, scraped and cut into pieces added to your priming sugar and simmered. Add to bottling bucket or strain beans out when dumping into keg.

I will let you know as soon as I taste it.

Cheers

Pretty boring. Only a Cali. Common at the moment.
ferm chamber.jpg

Doc, not to hijack this thread, I will say that it is for cooling only so I can brew in the summer. I will do a write up on it in the next day or so and post it in the DIY section.

Doc, not to hijack this thread, I will say that it is for cooling only so I can brew in the summer. I will do a write up on it in the next day or so and post it in the DIY section.

Great thanks, looking forward to the write up!

Cheers

A smoked cherry porter. Just racked onto 3lb. Of cherrys. Koedbrew's recipe. It's going to be reallllllly yummmy.

Holiday Amber/Red Ale

Has ginger, cinnamon and allspice in it. OG 1.056

image.jpg

image-1917667540.jpg

White barrel: caramel ale. Bottles in the background: gruit, bottle conditioning. Carboy in the far left corner: sour gruit. Carboy in the far right corner: bochet. Carboy in the middle: wild mead (no additives). Carboy in front: wild hops ale. Steel barrel: hop heavy vanilla bock

IMG_1178.jpg

white buckets-Zombie Dust Clone
Right DemiJohn-Rye Saison
Left DemiJohn-Double Black IIPA
Carboys- Jai Alai clone

brewed on sat wanted to get 60gal but 40 will do. Nice pic's from ever one.

Carboys- Jai Alai clone

Those are some of my favorites. Talk about sittin-pretty.

+HopSpunge+ said:
A smoked cherry porter. Just racked onto 3lb. Of cherrys. Koedbrew's recipe. It's going to be reallllllly yummmy.

You'll have to keep us informed on that one. Sounds amazing!

Darkness said:
Carboys- Jai Alai clone

And there will be more to add to this pic come Saturday!

image.jpg

New brews from sat
Little Sumpin Clone
Boulevard Whet Clone
Spanish Cedar Smoked English Mild (Wd2048's brew)
Cintinial IPA (Wd2048's brew)

Figured I'd add mine to the list. Most of the clear carboys are all in experimental sours/wilds in their primary. Kegs are all "secondary"s, which will eventually go on draft. Barrels are both full, saison and a sour. All I wish for was a little more head space, ceiling is about 4" too low.

GOPR0885_stitch.jpg

GOPR0894.jpg

GOPR0907.jpg

GOPR0893.jpg

Thanks folks. It's kind of an obsession, especially when it comes to small batch experimenting. Lots of time on craigslist, and well, lots of time. Stop by if you're ever in the area!

vwbrewer freakin sweet love the Barrel what is in it? And how many freaking kegs do you have it looks like you supply the LHBS with them.

Somewhere around 45 cornies... been collecting them for a while. Great for aging. ;)
The barrel on the left is a Flemish Red. The barrel on the right is a French Saison. The rest are all misc sour and spontaneous fermentation experiments.

vwbrewer said:
Figured I'd add mine to the list. Most of the clear carboys are all in experimental sours/wilds in their primary. Kegs are all "secondary"s, which will eventually go on draft. Barrels are both full, saison and a sour. All I wish for was a little more head space, ceiling is about 4" too low.

This. So much this!

Well done. :slow clap:

@ HelloSluggo - yes, it is. I removed one side for the photo. It also has a collar that's about 10" I don't have on there right now. I got it from my work; they have another one I'm thinking about taking, too.

Thanks folks. It's kind of an obsession, especially when it comes to small batch experimenting. Lots of time on craigslist, and well, lots of time. Stop by if you're ever in the area!

I'm taking you up on that when I get to take my dream New England beer vacation!

Two strains of Brett Brux and Trois in the middle. I'm going to be a bottle conditioning maniac next week. :D

image-3699113715.jpg

This is my first batch, ever. Caribou Slobber sitting in a 6 gallon glass Carboy during primary fermentation. Hoping that it turns out alright! Crossing my fingers that the Metal Mulisha shirt does not create any off-flavors.

IMG_1511.jpg

pulfson said:
This is my first batch, ever. Caribou Slobber sitting in a 6 gallon glass Carboy during primary fermentation. Hoping that it turns out alright! Crossing my fingers that the Metal Mulisha shirt does not create any off-flavors.

Rock on! :mug:

Back