How much beer do you drink?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Usually, I drink a beer 3-4 times a week. Usually just one, sometimes two. When I'm with friends or when I'm brewing, I'll have a few more, but over a longer period of time. I try to make sure I never get more than a little buzz. Alcoholism runs in my family, and I want to set a good example for my kids and show them that you can be responsible with alcohol.

Also, I've gained a few (several) pounds since I started brewing. I know the beer is definately a contributor to that. Being a lazy ass and not wanting to jog every day is the other part. ;)

Usually I drink 3-4 beers per night on the weeknights and 5+ on the weekends. I also drink wine and liquor but try to keep those to the weekends. I also enjoy a fair amount of ganj during the week :)

I'm in the 3-5 range per night. It's hard to tell though as my SWMBO always takes several drinks from my pint and sometimes I don't bother to pour a full pint. It usually averages about one an hour from 5-9pm. I usually lay off around 9pm so I'm not getting up in the middle of the night to use the John.

1 per night, unless the stress is high, and then maybe a 2nd. No more than 3 on a weekend day. I'm a Ph.D. student, and a beer is a reward of sorts for a good day's studying/writing/conferencing. I also get hung over very easily, even when I drink lots of water and all the other stuff, so that helps keep me in check.

Like an earlier poster said, I'm planning to brew some session ales so I can enjoy a bit more volume with less of the after-effects.

between 6-10 3 weeks ago...now 2-5....beer lasts longer and I feel a little bit better...but sleeping has been irregular...still adjusting

currently,
0-2 a night but i'm a bit out from my first batch. So we'll see then.
this might be a bit diffrent in a few months. Also i do a bit of bike racing so getting tanked is pretty rare these days. Now back in college with our kegerator we ran through a keg every 5 days with 5 guys in the house. (i'm 30lbs lighter)

I always have a few beers a night, my gf and I both.

I try to steer clear of hard liquor these days, or at least I try to avoid drinking both (sometimes it's a vodka tonic kind of night).

On the weekends, depending on the situation, she'll keep pace with me until we hit beer 6 or 7, then she slows down.

I usually keep it around 14 per week. I guess that translates to 2-3 per night, none when I'm on shift at the fire station. I enjoy drinking beer, just a little buzzed to put me in a good mood and make me smile, but not getting drunk. I eat (mostly) healthy and drink water and tea instead of soda or other sugary things, so I guess I'm doing ok.

I usually have 1-3 per night during the week. Weekends it really depends on what's going on. I usually have a decent amount while watching football. For home games I tend to drink all morning while tailgating->have one at most during the game (too much hassle, don't like to miss the game)->have a few after the game->in bed early.

The way the Bengals have been playing, along with the 4:00 late kickoff-I see wastedness on the horizon for Sunday.

I'm usually around 1 or 2 in a night if I drink at all. Some days I don't feel like it.

On D&D nights I'll go through 3 or 4 pints.

I typically drink beer with lunch if I go home.

2-3 a night, usually a few more then that on the weekends. gained some weight, but I hope that when I graduate and get a normal work schedule, I'll be able to regularly hit the gym again. :ban:

I average 4 a night. Been doing this for 30+ years. Back in the day, I drank ALOT. Volunteered for rehab once, and got put in rehab once. That was 15 and 12 years ago respectively. Yes, my drinking was out of control there for a while. main reason (I think) is I was drinking hard liqour like I drink beer, and I had a very high stress job. Plus I was all about the party, and the people I hung with were too. Not that I'm trying to justify anything, but I've come to the conclusion that if EtoH doesn't affect you life in a negative way (marriage, kids, work, law, financial, health, etc.) then whats to worry about?

I've been married for 20 years, happily, tho with all the usual problems two people living together would have. I have 4 great kids, two great grandkids. Have completed one succesful career(military) and am 8 years into another one, making more bucks than I ever imagined. Never been arrested, haven't even had a ticket in over 25 years. I get a physical every year and my doc says I'm very healthy.

My main problem is I like beer. I like the ritual, the taste, the little buzz behind the eyes about 1/2 way into the second one.

For instance....it's 0600 as I write and I'm on my third beer. For some people drinking in the morning indicates a problem. However, I've been up for 14 hours. I'm currently working nights.

I'll probably die with a beer in my hand.

i'm in the 2-4 range on weekdays and more on the weekends. Socially I drink more. It really depends on if I have any other consumables at hand... a couple of tokes cuts back the number of beers I drink.

Back