Gearing up for NHC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nukebrewer

Brew the brew!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone gearing up for NHC yet? I'm brewing a batch of Old Ale tomorrow that I'm undecided whether I'll enter or not due to aging considerations, but the next two months or so will be all NHC entries so they will be at the peak of freshness for the competition. Included in my planned brews is a couple DIPAs, a rebrew of Kiwi Red ale with a modified hop bill, and an imperial red ale. What is everyone else planning on entering?

Anyone gearing up for NHC yet? I'm brewing a batch of Old Ale tomorrow that I'm undecided whether I'll enter or not due to aging considerations, but the next two months or so will be all NHC entries so they will be at the peak of freshness for the competition. Included in my planned brews is a couple DIPAs, a rebrew of Kiwi Red ale with a modified hop bill, and an imperial red ale. What is everyone else planning on entering?

I haven't even entered for the last two years, because we are leaving for Texas soon and then don't get back until late March. I was thinking about the maibock, but I won't know until I get back if it's worthy.

I've done well in the past in the NHC, though, and think the scoresheets I got back were definitely well done.

i'm not sure if i will be able to attend or not, does anyone know whats the refund policy if i buy a ticket on February 5th just incase

I haven't even entered for the last two years, because we are leaving for Texas soon and then don't get back until late March. I was thinking about the maibock, but I won't know until I get back if it's worthy.

I've done well in the past in the NHC, though, and think the scoresheets I got back were definitely well done.

This will be my first time entering the NHC, so I'm not expecting great things. I hope you feel your maibock is worthy because based on what I've heard around here you're a stellar brewer. :mug:

This will be my first time entering the NHC, so I'm not expecting great things. I hope you feel your maibock is worthy because based on what I've heard around here you're a stellar brewer. :mug:

Ha- not stellar. Just regular, but with a weird OCD streak. I've had lots of experience, but definitely am just a regular homebrewer.

This will be my first year entering beers to NHC. How many bottles do you need to enter? There's several rounds, so I'm assuming more than the typical three 12s?

This will be my first year entering beers to NHC. How many bottles do you need to enter? There's several rounds, so I'm assuming more than the typical three 12s?

No, just two if I remember right. If you advance to the next round, you send one (or is it two?) more. But you can rebrew the beer, if it's something like an IPA where freshness is important.

Thanks!

I won my first BOS last year with my American stout, so I'll rebrew that with the free entry. I also have an old ale, pumpkin ale, blonde, and cranberry Lambicky set aside. I'll probably brew my signature saison and maybe a brown or amber. We'll see as we get closer which ones are worthy.

Back