Jet engine beer chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know about in New Zealand, but in France it's almost impossible to buy ice, they don't sell it everywhere like in the US. Appliances are generally smaller too so it might take him a month to make enough ice cubes to fill a cooler.

I sure hope he's wearing earplugs... 125 dBA is way too loud, especially in an enclosed space like that wicked awesome shed. (audiologist steps off his soapbox... that thing is awesome!)

If you could direct the exhaust under the brew kettle, it could be a multi-purpose beer tool!

Why? Because it's a frickin jet, that's why!!

The world hates us not for our warmongering ways but due to the fact of our advanced refrigeration techniques. Every house has a large fridge, freezer or freezers, air conditioners, and ice for sale on every corner.

I learned this in Mexico where their idea of air conditioning was air cooled to 80 degrees F and cold drinks were piss warm.

They cross illegally into our country not to find jobs but in the hopes to stop sweating and drink a cold beer ;)

I don't know about in New Zealand, but in France it's almost impossible to buy ice, they don't sell it everywhere like in the US. Appliances are generally smaller too so it might take him a month to make enough ice cubes to fill a cooler.

Someone needs to send them the recipe...

Last thing anyone heard before it grenaded? "Hey! Watch this!"

Can you imagine the speed the shrapnel would be flying at? You would find pieces several blocks away.

+stupid

has nothing to do with a jet engine other than the fact that there happens to be one near a can of beer

That is simply one of the most awesome and funny things ever.

Of course you need a cold beer, when you are in a shed with a jet engine running. Absolutely hilarious. I am too easily amused.

The conversation I imagine with a significant other:

Honey, why are you building this?

I need Cold beer.

Why do you need your beer that cold?

Haven't you listened to anything I said, I'm running a jet engine in a shed, its bloody hot, so I need cold beer.

Should be on Archer, or some show of the like.

I'm just a shade tree mechanic so I maybe wrong. It appears to me that they are using water to cool the second turbo. The housing is still glowing red hot. I'm not sure they realize how dangerous that is or maybe they do and don't care. In a car they are cooled with oil and the fuel cell closed (10 or more feet away). They have an open cell fuel cell right underneath a red hot jet engine throwing sparks everywhere. If those turbo bearings leg go I can only imagine how big the bang will be. Not to mention the red hot metal rotating at 30,000 RPM flying through the garage.

I'm just a shade tree mechanic so I maybe wrong. It appears to me that they are using water to cool the second turbo. The housing is still glowing red hot. I'm not sure they realize how dangerous that is or maybe they do and don't care. In a car they are cooled with oil and the fuel cell closed (10 or more feet away). They have an open cell fuel cell right underneath a red hot jet engine throwing sparks everywhere. If those turbo bearings leg go I can only imagine how big the bang will be. Not to mention the red hot metal rotating at 30,000 RPM flying through the garage.
As long as they have video I'm cool with it.:ban:

Back