First AG coming up soon - Recipe Ideas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IndyPABrewGuy

Reaction score
hey all -

I still haven't purchased my whole set up_yet_, but I am borrowing a brewing buddy's rig to do my first AG. Now the question is what to brew.

Initially I'm thinking some thing easy (IPA, Porter. . .something along those lines), but I keep getting this inkling to do a saison, because I've never made one before.

Now I will have training wheels on this one (read: said equipment's owner), and I've done 6+ PM batches, so I have the basics of mashing down, but I wanted some input from the constituency on whether or not doing something a bit more complicated would be a bad idea.

I currently don't have a recipe nor fermentation schedule/temp, just throwin' around the idea.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Isn't it like some sort of tradition to do EdWorts haus Pale for your first AG? It's easy enough...and apparently very good...or at least popular.
That's my vote. Ed's Haus Pale.

I have never made a Saison, is there something different about them like doing a step mash? I just quickly reviewed a couple of recipes and they were not stepped which would complicate things. That said the smaller beers would turn around faster so you could taste the result sooner.

I'm a fan of the Centennial Blonde. But it all really comes to down to what you're in the mood for. If you're comfortable with your buddy's rig, and he'll be with you, I say go for what you want. Remember to relax, and have a home brew.

haus Pale - but cascades seemed to have become rarer than gold, and harder to find than a virgin at at a ??????.

So how long must a hop head live with withdraw symptoms?

Latest posts

Back