Getting ready for AG... Building MLT and CFC this weekend...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthony_Lopez

Reaction score
Trying to take a weekend off from brewing and get setup for all-grain. My MLT is pretty straight-forward using the cooler conversions.

My questions more relate to the CFC i'm building. This is more out of curiousity than practicality, but has anyone made a CFC using SS tubing instead of copper?

I have no doubts it would work, but it will be less efficient at the same length. In other words, I'd go 40-50' instead of 25. Either that or you'll just have to always pump icewater in...

I guess the main concern is just cleaning the CFC after use... I know its probably not that hard with copper.... What would you suggest for a cleaning regime?

Flush it well with water basically. I run about 3 gallons of hose water through mine which I collect in various containers that also need to be cleaned. Prior to use, I run boiling wort through it with my pump. If you're gravity draining I suppose you could do the same but you'll have to collect it in a bucket and return it to the kettle manually. After every 5 brews or so, I run hot water with oxyclean in it (PBW would probably be better), and let it soak for 10 minutes before flushing it.

Back