Beer out connector

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichBrewer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
All of this keg balancing talk has me thinking about a problem I've had for about 2 years now.
I'm still using cobra taps to dispense my beer. I have two lines that are almost identical. One of them dispenses beautifully. With the other one I get nothing but foam. I say they are almost identical because the ball lock connectors are different where the beer line connects to them.

This is the one that works:
D33.JPG

This is the one that causes foam.
It is a very subtle difference but this one has a female thread in the connector that the barb adapter threads into. The other one comes with the barb already installed. This is the only difference between the two lines. Could that threaded adapter be the cause of my problem?
Ball_lock_connector_.JPG

Doubtful, are both lines from the same manufacturer? Pressure drop per foot varies from tube to tube, so if the ID were slightly larger, you could easily get foam from that line, due to higher outlet pressure.

Sea said:
Doubtful, are both lines from the same manufacturer? Pressure drop per foot varies from tube to tube, so if the ID were slightly larger, you could easily get foam from that line, due to higher outlet pressure.
The line is exactly the same. Same length, same diameter and even the same manufacture.The only difference I can see is the connector. Even the cobra taps are the same.

I would have to say that the second disconnector is causing a vortex or some sort of turbulance...... Is there a change in orfice diameter between the barb connector and the disconnector.....

DRAGGER.....

The Quick dissconnect may have an issue not properly sealing maybe, or a slight flaw in the metal surface that causes turbulance, a hairline crack somewhere on it.... Could be alot of things, I use both types in my keggerator and they work the same.

Back