Group Buy in Chicago #6

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do we set the cutoff for this current buy?

• Close it on Monday, October 8, 2012 11:59 PM

• Close it when we reach 164 sacks?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bmason1623 said:
Let me know when you want to pick up. Maybe we can meet somewhere and save you some time.

I was thinking late Tuesday morning, dont matter to me to drive by the shop, i gotta be kinda out that way anyway

homebrewfrank said:
I was thinking late Tuesday morning, dont matter to me to drive by the shop, i gotta be kinda out that way anyway

Text me and confirm the day of

Yep, I've got my 1/3 of carapils. When I picked up Bill and I noticed the sack was opened and zip tied, but still had 55lbs in it. Glad that's all figured out.

randar... I liked the wet hopped IPA you gave me. Just poured the rye IIPA. You'll have to come by some time to pick up your empty bottles (aka have some beers)

wegz15 said:
randar... I liked the wet hopped IPA you gave me. Just poured the rye IIPA. You'll have to come by some time to pick up your empty bottles (aka have some beers)

Last group buy, I was fortunate enough to have some of randar's rye ipa (I believe outside was). Very tasty. Randar makes some pretty good beer...

good night. I'll let you know how that yeast turns out. How much do you want me to try and get?

Demon said:
Yep, I've got my 1/3 of carapils. When I picked up Bill and I noticed the sack was opened and zip tied, but still had 55lbs in it. Glad that's all figured out.

Yea, thats gotta be the "forgotten" grain.....

Bill, i checked my grain when i got home just now, i have the C40, and im missing the Cara-Pils.....

In all honesty, this all proves how honest and down-right awesome everyone involved here truly is......sorry for all the confusion everyone :cheers:

Docgineer said:
Hey pol, you mentioned that you had some experience with a ZD clone? I'm planning on brewing one up once my 2012 citra preorder comes in. I based it off the recipe on HBT but I didn't do the first wort hop and just frontloaded the whole thing. Any pointers?

I think your directing this at me, first have you had the original..if not try the straight clone recipe by skeezer on hbt its Damn close, in fact spot on depending on the hops you get. Sometimes the citra hops range from grapefruity to cat piss. I don't FWH mine, most citra are plenty high in AA for bittering if you want to stay true to recipe and have the weight on hand. I sub some of the C40 for aromatic or if I'm lazy just add some aromatic malt to provide some residual sweetness to fight the cat piss bitterness. The brewery is about 6.4%, with my tweeks and system I'm usually in the 8.5% abv range and a little more maltiness. I'm on my phone and I owe another couple guys the recipe straight and tweeked, ill pm it when I'm at my pc.
We brew this 15 gal every other month or so, always on tap or its baby brother lawnmowerhead ( wheat/amarillo) at 5.5%.
Dave

The end of this week, early next week, I plan on starting to look into getting a hop buy going. Would people be interested in hop leaf and/or pellets only? The leaf would need to be added to the database. The leaf comes in full, 1/4 and mini bales: not sure of the weights. The pellets come in 11 and 44 pound cartons. Discuss.

bmason1623 said:
The end of this week, early next week, I plan on starting to look into getting a hop buy going. Would people be interested in hop leaf and/or pellets only? The leaf would need to be added to the database. The leaf comes in full, 1/4 and mini bales: not sure of the weights. The pellets come in 11 and 44 pound cartons. Discuss.

Im a huge whole leaf fan, but depending on availability, pellets could be acceptable :)

I prefer pellets, but I would only be in for a small share of the buy.

Just checked my freezer..... a pound and a half of hops- gotta get brewing soon now! Thanks Bill for the extra motivation ;)

Dan

The little rabbit pellet kind are fine, but I really like mine thick and leafy with nice bines & cones.

Prefer: Fresh, Hoppy and smells nice
The occasional divorced bitter and angry with a high alcohol tolerance can be good too.

I prefer pellets. With around 15 pounds of hops on hand leaf would take up too much space for me.

I use pellets over 90% of the time, but I believe that I would subscribe to the belief that leaf are a better source of AA and flavor. However, storage would be tougher on leaf. I'm down for whatever I can get, if the price is right though.

can the people who paid for the hops to be split please post a breakdown as to who was supposed to receive what? There seems to be some confusion on this.

can the people who paid for the hops to be split please post a breakdown as to who was supposed to receive what? There seems to be some confusion on this.

Cascade
---------

cadwallion - 2
TheOneBuz - 3
hot427cobra
Jgrove10
TheBreweryUnderground
Demon
srbailey
Kieran

**edit** Magnum Count (from the responses within this thread. Picking up from RC0032's post #335):

1# Metic
1# ThirstT
1# Neopol
1# SrBailey
2# Me
1# Havoc 531
1# Opteek
1# PseudoChef
1# Cadwallion
1# Scotty77

Nice work, Magnum looks to be filled. It looks like these are German Magnum HU‐90GMG
(11-16%AA) @$7.05lb since the domestic (10-14%AA) are sold out

Copy and paste... thirstT paid you direct. Think I've got one person who still owed but haven't had time to check.

Bill, i heard from Opteek, he wants me to pick up his order tomorrow when i drop by....not sure if he has contacted you yet. I was thinking to get by your place around 1045-11, if thats ok? If not just let me know and ill come by whenevers best for you

homebrewfrank said:
Bill, i heard from Opteek, he wants me to pick up his order tomorrow when i drop by....not sure if he has contacted you yet. I was thinking to get by your place around 1045-11, if thats ok? If not just let me know and ill come by whenevers best for you

That's fine

I have 2lbs of hallertauer and should have only taken 1. I can either get the hops to the right person or PayPal them. Sorry for the mix up.

Can someone post the list of people for the hallertauer so we know who that extra pound belongs to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back