Chuck Norris looks up to Brett Favre

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolf

Reaction score
Sorry if this has already been posted, but it's good stuff...

http://www.sportspickle.com/features/volume6/2007-0228-favre.html

Brett Favre’s Surgeon Breaks 10 Scalpels Trying to Pierce His Iron Exterior
Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre underwent surgery on Monday to remove bone spurs on his left ankle, but the procedure took eight hours longer than expected due to the surgeon repeatedly breaking his scalpel trying to cut into Favre’s iron exterior.

“The man – if he even is a man, and not some kind of robot or superhuman from the future – is built like no one else I’ve seen,” said Dr. Frank Matthews, the surgeon who did the procedure. “It was like trying to cut through a diamond coated in stainless steel. After I broke all of my scalpels, I had to call in a guy with a metal saw. And even he wore out five blades before he could break through.”

Dr. Matthews said that what he found the most remarkable at the procedure, though, was that Favre was awake throughout the entire thing.

“The nurses tried to give him anesthesia, but he refused and said he doesn’t feel pain because pain is for wimps,” said Dr. Matthews. “And he clearly didn’t feel pain. Even when we were going at him with the metal saw, he didn’t wince. Not once. He just sat there shaving his face with an 8-inch buck knife. And then, when he was done that, he had an alligator delivered so he could wrestle with it to pass the time. Once he got bored with that, he broke its neck with one hand and then ate a snack of nails and glass shards. So, yeah, I’m pretty sure that Brett Favre does not feel pain. That, or he’s addicted again to painkillers. Regardless, he’s amazing and more of a man than I’ll ever be. Or that any of us will ever be.”

Even though the surgery was difficult, Dr. Matthews says conducting it was an honor.

“It was great just to be close to Brett Favre for that long. He’s a true hero,” said Dr. Matthews. “Plus, it will be great for my career. I can’t wait to get this published. I’m sure I’m the only surgeon in history to close an incision with a spot welder.”

I will never forgive the Atlanta Falcons for trading Brett. At least they have a new owner the Rankin Smith family had no business owning a football team.

I had said for 20 years that the ultimate goal of the Rankin Smith family was to lose the superbowl a feat they accomplished just before they sold the team.

abracadabra said:
I will never forgive the Atlanta Falcons for trading Brett. At least they have a new owner the Rankin Smith family had no business owning a football team.

I had said for 20 years that the ultimate goal of the Rankin Smith family was to lose the superbowl a feat they accomplished just before they sold the team.

It's kind of funny- anywhere outside of Wisconsin or Georgia that would be the answer to a trivia question: What team drafted Brett Favre??? He's been a Packer so long and has come to embody the team so much that people forget that he was originally a Falcon.

Bernie Brewer said:
It's kind of funny- anywhere outside of Wisconsin or Georgia that would be the answer to a trivia question: What team drafted Brett Favre??? He's been a Packer so long and has come to embody the team so much that people forget that he was originally a Falcon.

The really sad part is the guy they kept when they got rid of Favre I forget his name. Oh yeah I remember now Jeff George I think hasn't even been in the league for 10 years or more. Bartkowski was a great QB but was a cripple because the Smiths would not fork over the money for a decent offensive line to protect him. And he didn't have a tight end that could catch or block.

The story of the Falcons is a sad, sad conmentary on professional sports. What finally made me give up on them and quit going was I had season tickets to both the Falcons and UGA. I'd watch the men on Georgia's team play 60 minutes of football as hard as they could go. Even during the losing years they never gave up and never quit trying. Then on Sunday I'd go watch the Falcons. They were lazy gave no real effort except for a very small percentage of players. You'd see maybe 3 or 4 players on the offense or defense hustling and the rest just lazily going thru the motions. Neon Deion aka Primetime Sanders was fun to watch.

That and the rude and obnoxious Falcon fans that sat behind me.

And it's kinda hard to really blame the players too much when you had an Owner that didn't care about putting a good product out. And just wanted fill the front office with a bunch of his idiot family members who probably could get a real job and knew virtually nothing about football other than how to turn a profit on the gullible Atlanta fans.

The new owner Blank is a different kind of guy. He has more money than he could spend in 100 lifetimes and seems interested in putting decent product out. But I'll never go to another Falcons game. I just don't want to be associated with the kind of people that attend professional football games here in Atlanta. It maybe different in other cities. But the crowd at a college game and the crowd at a pro game here in Georgia are as different as apples and lemons.

Rant over.

abracadabra said:

I will just simply never forgive the Falcons...you can insert the reason. :D

knipknup said:
I will just simply never forgive the Falcons...you can insert the reason. :D

Hate to hijack the post but I'd have to agree they are too numerous to mention if you stop to think about it.

Back