undried (fresh) coriander -- any suggestions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peterhdk

Reaction score
I've got fresh, undried coriander, and I'm planning on using it fresh picked and undried in a tripel.

Any of you have any tips from your own experience doing this? (I expect it to be more lemon-y than the dried, but other than that, I'm not really sure)

I'm not sure about how much of the fresh stuff to use but I'd recommend adding it either at flameout or with 5 minutes left of the boil.

Either that or make a tincture. Soak some coriander in just enough vodka to cover it up. Let that soak for a week or two as your beer is fermenting. Separate the mixture using a coffee filter and collect the liquid. Then take a measured sample of the fully fermented beer and add some of the tincture dropwise until it has the flavor you want. Then scale up for your batch size and add at bottling or kegging.

Hope that helps :mug:

I like that idea, Reno. Thanks. Might just do a couple small batch variations too.

Yes, if it flowered, it should seed and you will soon have coriander (unless you bought a genetically modified non-seeding variety)

Back