Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found on Craigslist for $100. Needs some work but keeps beer cold for now. Future plans include another 2 tap.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Anyone ever hear of Draft tower setup made buy a company called True. A buddy wants to sell his for 700 bucks. He bought it brand new for 1500 and it's 9 years old. It's got 3 faucets. Is that a good deal or no?

Anyone ever hear of Draft tower setup made buy a company called True. A buddy wants to sell his for 700 bucks. He bought it brand new for 1500 and it's 9 years old. It's got 3 faucets. Is that a good deal or no?

The products from True are commercial products. Being 9 years old I would not pay near that much, who knows when the motor will break down.

I don't think anyone would doubt that he paid that, or that with depreciation that it might be worth that, but it's not worth it to most of us around here because of what you can build your own for. And yes, a 9 year old fridge could go any minute, or last another 9 years. I definitely wouldn't spend $700 on it.

Thats what I was thinking. I have a co2 tank w/o regulator and 3 kegs already. Anyone know what the average build cost is for a chest keezer keeping basic?

Without doing to much reading, can anyone tell me what temperature you keep your keezer at? If I can also store food in it I will have more firing power when i tell my wife I want one. The idea is, I can tell her we should get a big one so that i can use it for serving beer but she can also use it to store food it. Which is pretty cool actually.

Picked up one last night for $50 off craigslist. It'll fit 3 without a collar and 4 with one. Johnson temp controller for another $60 or so and you're good to go!

Thats what I was thinking. I have a co2 tank w/o regulator and 3 kegs already. Anyone know what the average build cost is for a chest keezer keeping basic?

Without doing to much reading, can anyone tell me what temperature you keep your keezer at? If I can also store food in it I will have more firing power when i tell my wife I want one. The idea is, I can tell her we should get a big one so that i can use it for serving beer but she can also use it to store food it. Which is pretty cool actually.

Depends on whether you want to go the taps-in-collar route or the coffin box route. Coffin box route with decent taps can be anywhere from 800-1000. All dependant on what you get the chest freezer for. I compiled some estimate prices over here - https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/jeebass-3-phase-keezer-project-240063/

I am going with the coffin box approach, but I can imagine the tap-in-collar method would probably be a little cheaper (not as much reliance on a fan solution, no materials for coffin box, lid trim, etc.). It also depends on what kind of taps you want as well. Since you already have the kegs and CO2 tank you might be closer to $300-400 plus the cost of the chest freezer.

That all being said, I only speak from looking around these forums at keezer builds for the last 3 months and looking at prices, not from experience.

I keep mine at 45 (at least I did until the compressor died), which is a tad on the cold side for most beers and probably a bit warm for regular fridge duties. A fridge should be kept just above freezing for optimal food preservation.

boogyman said:
Custom sign? very cool.

Thanks, Yea, its a piece of 1/2" acrylic with sandblasted logo, mounted to a piece of extrusion with blue led's, I work for a sign company so it was free!

I just got around to taking some pics of my kegerator.
100_4136.jpg

100_4135.jpg

100_4124.jpg

100_4125.jpg
It holds six kegs but only has taps for five of them.

100_4126.jpg
Six secondary regulators to dial in carbonation for each beer.

I keep mine at 45 (at least I did until the compressor died), which is a tad on the cold side for most beers and probably a bit warm for regular fridge duties. A fridge should be kept just above freezing for optimal food preservation.

Thanks Joe.

I signed up yesterday while looking for info for the kegerator project I recently started and I've read through the most recent 100 or so pages. I'm even more amped now to finish my project, but more so, I'm already excited to give it to my brother in a few years and start building a keezer :rockin: Can't wait to, hopefully, post the pics of my finished project next week or so.

_DeviceMemory_home_user_pictures_IMG00107.jpg

I posted mine earlier, but here it is with all 5 taps hooked up. Need the lock on the door for the kids, and went with no drip tray, because I don't have a drain. Anyone that has ever worked in food service knows how gross drip trays can get.

I was thinking about getting a drip tray with a drain on it then cutting a hole in the door right below the drip tray for a hose to go from the drip tray to a bucket inside the fridge. What do you think about that? The hose would have to be long enough so that when you open the door it stays in the bucket.

I was thinking about getting a drip tray with a drain on it then cutting a hole in the door right below the drip tray for a hose to go from the drip tray to a bucket inside the fridge. What do you think about that? The hose would have to be long enough so that when you open the door it stays in the bucket.

I don't see why it wouldn't work as long a you seal up the hole for the hose real well. I would try to attatch the bucket to the door somehow so it moves with door. That way you don't have to worry about the coming out of the bucket

I posted mine earlier, but here it is with all 5 taps hooked up. Need the lock on the door for the kids, and went with no drip tray, because I don't have a drain. Anyone that has ever worked in food service knows how gross drip trays can get.

So, without a drip tray wouldn't your floor look like that? I mean, the drips gotta go somewhere.

So, without a drip tray wouldn't your floor look like that? I mean, the drips gotta go somewhere.

I was thinking the same thing.

I have a drip tray with no drain. Its removable so I just have to rinse it every once in a while depending on use. Most of the time I throw it in the dishwasher whenever I run it and it never gets gross.

Actually those perlicks are nice, and only drip about 3 times after a pour. Even if some does drip, it's a quick wipe up later. I thought about the hole in the door thing, now I got open liquid in the door, that's gonna smell like ass, and I know i'm going to tip it over. I know drip trays are nice to have, but they are nasty. if you don't clean them, they get really gross, and collect thos fruit flys, and anything else that gets in there.
I had some guys over for a brew day, and bbq, and not a drip on the floor.

Actually those perlicks are nice, and only drip about 3 times after a pour. Even if some does drip, it's a quick wipe up later. I thought about the hole in the door thing, now I got open liquid in the door, that's gonna smell like ass, and I know i'm going to tip it over. I know drip trays are nice to have, but they are nasty. if you don't clean them, they get really gross, and collect thos fruit flys, and anything else that gets in there.

I had those fruit flies bad last summer. Ever time you went to pull a pint you'd be dabbing for fruit flies in your beer.

Open liquid in the door? Why will it smell?

if you are talking about the beer dripping into the drip tray and then going into a bucket, what you need to do is get a jug with a carboy stopper. put the stopped on, put the hose in one hole and a airlock on the other. It won't smell.

Open liquid in the door? Why will it smell?

if you are talking about the beer dripping into the drip tray and then going into a bucket, what you need to do is get a jug with a carboy stopper. put the stopped on, put the hose in one hole and a airlock on the other. It won't smell.

That's genius. I'm definitely copying that.

Back