What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
drinking a sea hag since remmy isnt drinking any NEBCO tonight :D great IPA here

2013-07-30 22.13.06.jpg

Bookworm said:
Decided to splurge on a Stone Imperial Russian Stout. I like most of the flavors. The only thing I do not like so much is the forward alcohol taste. Tastes a bit like it has a shot of shine in it, I like my whiskey neat or on the rocks. Probably will not buy it again.

Felt the same way about the w00t stout. I had a couple beers prior to it and it still had a very strong alcohol presence. Kind of glad I bought only the one as I would think I'd have to sit on that second one for a year or two. Still contemplating buying one and doing just that but at 10.50 for the bomber I'm still up in the air.

WesleyS said:
I'm 6' and I was previously 174.......2 years ago. Now I'm up to 214. I never passed 200 in my life until this year. I'd hate to know what I'd be if I didn't have a very physically demanding job. And I'm not the gym type. So the first thing I'll do is what I did when I was 174, better eating habits and limiting drinking to the weekends. So my beer posts in this thread might go down a bit for a while.

That's ok it will still take quite a while before any one catches up to you in posts in this thread. You are the C.Y young of this thread with over 500 more posts than the next guy! Haha just a lil homage before you lighten up or go on your hiatus. Good luck with trimming down.

Remmy said:
Walking uphill for one hour at 3.5 mph will burn more fat. Jogging at slow paces for long periods of time = biggest-muscle burner of them all.

Drinking water. I've only had one beer today. Maxed out at 265 lbs. today on the bench press (6' 174 lbs.). 325 lbs. parallel squat coming tomorrow. Beer can't stop me.

However, this weekend I will be smashing beers left and right. What else is new?

+1 to this. They say getting your heart rate to 70-75% of its maximum acceptable BPM (mostly depends on age. Goes down 2 BPM for every year or so after 21 I believe. You can find more exact info online) and maintaining it there will allow your body to primarily burn excess fat before it will burn that expensive difficult to maintain muscle.

Personally if your looking to burn fat and be in good shape both physically and aesthetically , go with workouts more similar to remmy' style. Maybe not one rep maxing too often but sticking with big multi body part movements. (Dead lift squat clean,press, snatch, bench, military press) these moves take a lot of practice but you get so much more bang for your buck. I try to do a solid amount of switching it up. A lot of crossfit workouts are great for compressing a killer workout into a short period of time. Some cardio which involves training muscle like rowing or High intensity interval training is another good way to keep time cost down and results up. I know a couple of you mentioned not being big gym rats so these ideas might be a somewhat middle of the road approach. A decent learning curve early on but once you get the fundamentals down the payoff is definitely worth it.

Oh yea and some 3 beans for me over here. :mug:

Haha. I was joking. I do an hour of cardio at the gym no less then 5 days a week. Burn about 1000 calories each time. I'm gradually slimming down with out sacrificing anything!

I know you where. Iwas just being sarcastic which not easily read lol. I like to run the neighborhood because I donjot want to pay for a gym

Third coffee, I always regret dollar Margarita Tuesday's when Wednesday morning rolls around.

Guys let's stop and think about this. There are over 45,000 posts in this thread. Let's assume every other post is a 12oz beer(many are not, but many posts are bombers, and some are multiple beers) how is it that all of us aren't jobless, fat, and left alone with our bottles?

I dub us! The functional alcoholics club. We meet every night around 8pm est. To drink, and drink we do.

It takes good money to drink good beer. Just like the phrase says: "I work so I can afford to drink."

Third coffee, I always regret dollar Margarita Tuesday's when Wednesday morning rolls around.

Guys let's stop and think about this. There are over 45,000 posts in this thread. Let's assume every other post is a 12oz beer(many are not, but many posts are bombers, and some are multiple beers) how is it that all of us aren't jobless, fat, and left alone with our bottles?

I dub us! The functional alcoholics club. We meet every night around 8pm est. To drink, and drink we do.

It's the cheap tequila, "bruh.' :mug:

190sl? Pfft. W126 on original BBS RS. With the NY Times in the back seat. :D

Drinking a dark coffee, no milk, no sugar. Thanks.

This is the beast. It's original (his grandfather bought the car at Helms Brothers in Queens). We installed the suspension on this beast and slapped on original (option) BBS'.

Drinking a coffee. :eek:

Down with OPP? :D

1.png

2.jpg

3.jpg

This is the beast. It's original (his grandfather bought the car at Helms Brothers in Queens). We installed the suspension on this beast and slapped on original (option) BBS'.

Drinking a coffee. :eek:

Down with OPP? :D

You slapped a Bourbon Barrel Stout on it? ;)

That's ok it will still take quite a while before any one catches up to you in posts in this thread. You are the C.Y young of this thread with over 500 more posts than the next guy! Haha just a lil homage before you lighten up or go on your hiatus. Good luck with trimming down.

Hehe. Didn't realize I had that many posts here.
I'll still try to keep my lead while trimming down. :D

Nizzle ; I used to work at an engine rebuilding place and we had a pop machine gutted to hold our cases of beer and we could drink all we wanted . It was a good job .
alas I am only drinking coffee right now but noon is on the way quickly and I am quite sure that is the beer hour . Well when I am not at work any way . they frown on that when you area truck driver . give me 30 minutes and I will drinking a nice cold nut brown , my own

Nizzle ; I used to work at an engine rebuilding place and we had a pop machine gutted to hold our cases of beer and we could drink all we wanted . It was a good job .
alas I am only drinking coffee right now but noon is on the way quickly and I am quite sure that is the beer hour . Well when I am not at work any way . they frown on that when you area truck driver . give me 30 minutes and I will drinking a nice cold nut brown , my own

Ya my boss is a bible thumper so I got to be careful when I have a drink at work. On to water

Ooooops! I hope they can find it in their hearts to FORGIVE me. :-D

What page of the bible is that on again?

Drinking 32 oz. of water. Post-workout, just for Nizzle. :rockin::rockin::rockin::D

Back