Rogue Growler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewinHog

Reaction score
I was at the liquor store today and found a 1/2 gallon growler of Rogue Dead Guy Ale. It is a sweet looking growler and it was only $12.95. Just thought I'd let you all know if you are looking for a growler. I thought it was a pretty sweet deal for a growler plus 1/2 gallon of damn good beer. There were also some sweet ceramic re-capable (Grolsch type) Rogue bottles too (I don't remember what type of beer they were, though). :ban:

Ya, I have a Dead Guy growler. I know their Imperial Pilsner comes in a ceramic bottle, but is pricey (about $14 I think). Double Dead Guy also comes in a fliptop bottle (possibly aluminum, don't remember)

Ya, I have a Dead Guy growler. I know their Imperial Pilsner comes in a ceramic bottle, but is pricey (about $14 I think). Double Dead Guy also comes in a fliptop bottle (possibly aluminum, don't remember)

Damn, they were only $10 at the liquor store I went to. :ban:

The Rogue XS series (Old Crustacean, RIS, IIPA, Imperial Pilsner) are all in the ceramic flip top bottles. I think they are all good and $10 is a good price.

I have only seen Double Dead Guy in a glass bottle painted red with a crown cap.

I believe Rogue is selling the new Yellow Snow in those growlers but we don't get that here.

I have two of the Dead Guy growlers. I use them to make my starters in....I can cram a stopper in the hole with a airlock no problem....works great..and getting the thing empty is fun also...

The local Rogue brewhouse is having a 'garage sale' this weekend. I just picked up 2 growlers of American Amber for 6 bucks each and a case of 6 of the Imperial Younger's Special Bitter in the nice swing top 750ml bottles for 28 bucks. :ban:
Apparently they have these sales regularly....

Dang, I haven't seen these growlers in California yet. That's a deal for 64 oz. of quality brew.
I brought back 2 half gallon growlers from Maui Brewing Co. a couple years ago and I think they were about $9 ea. empty!

Dang, I haven't seen these growlers in California yet. That's a deal for 64 oz. of quality brew.
I brought back 2 half gallon growlers from Maui Brewing Co. a couple years ago and I think they were about $9 ea. empty!

I just had a friend tell me about scoring one of these... I agree they are nice, but when you can get a 6'er of DGA for 8.99, and a 6'er is 72oz, I guess I'm not seeing the "Great Deal" on 64oz of the stuff in the growler. I agree the cool factor alone is more than worth the extra cost, however. :)

My Dead Guy Growler glows in the dark.

Yesterday, I bought my 1st three Dead Guy Glow in the dark growlers. I got them for $12 each. While this may not be new, it was to me. I had been secretly coveting a friends amber glass growlers and now he can covet mine!

Just curious, anyone figured out a way to seal these if you refill with homebrew? Open container laws ;\

Hey, anyone interested in picking up a growler, emptying the contents (in whatever manner you see fit) and shipping it to me? i'd GLADLY pay the $14 and shipping!

Just curious, anyone figured out a way to seal these if you refill with homebrew? Open container laws ;\

If transporting a growler I just wrap a single layer or electrical tape around the lid.

Hey, anyone interested in picking up a growler, emptying the contents (in whatever manner you see fit) and shipping it to me? i'd GLADLY pay the $14 and shipping!

Melana, you can find them on the East coast, it just takes a bit of looking. Don't know how often you travel, but there is a food cooperative in Hanover NH that sometimes them. I'll be up that way next week and I could bring one back down if they have 'em...

Back