Post counter go away !!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sure do wish that your post counter would not update every time you post. Maybe just in your profile. The more senior members who have posted for a here for a while were once NOOBs them selves, and I wish I could see the progression from noob to all knowing (??) I love this site, It’s taught me so much more about brewing and brewers. The older stuff is great it would be cool if one could see EVAN!’s, ORFY’s or THE BIRDS first hundred posts. Not to single anyone out.

Sure do wish that your post counter would not update every time you post. Maybe just in your profile. The more senior members who have posted for a here for a while were once NOOBs them selves, and I wish I could see the progression from noob to all knowing (??) I love this site, It’s taught me so much more about brewing and brewers. The older stuff is great it would be cool if one could see EVAN!’s, ORFY’s or THE BIRDS first hundred posts. Not to single anyone out.

No... You cant get rid of post counters, it give us reason to celebrate!:rockin:

I wish I could hide mine.....Nearly 3000, and I still can't count how many gallons I've added to the mash!

Sorry...I'm just cranky because I just dumped an extra gallon of water into my mash...of course that jacked my temps through the roof!

Stupid head.

OH..>YA....and post count is way less valuable of a number than a gallon count....of um...which....WE WON"T DO, cause some would have to stop earlier than others...but lots of us would need to stop the counter about....looking like October?

From time to time, it's mentioned that my earliest posts included questions like "No airlock bubbling- is this ok?" and "Help! Grommet fell in the bucket!"

I NEVER thought that first beer kit would turn into an obsession. In just a few years, I went from making some sludge in a Beer Machine to AG brewing complete with kegging gear! It's all thanks (?) to you guys!

Definately started out as a total n00b. I'd consider myself a respectable (not outstanding) brewer today, and it hasn't taken all that long because of all the help I've gotten from folks around here. Hopefully, I'd been able to pass along some decent guidance (and not too much bad advice) in return.

I'm happy to admit I came here looking for Mr. beer stuff!!!!!
And I politely got told my beer would be ****. :D
There are people on here with lots more experience. Some of them will be HBT noobs.

Post counts if anything only shows you are here for the duration..

If you have been around you know who has something worth saying.

Um, I remember it perfectly well, but out of respect for EvilTOJ I shall not utter it.

(you can tell from my sig EXACTLY how much respect I have for him.... :D)

Get used to it, there is a handful of "superstars" on this board and it's basically their personal chat room. It seems the more people post, the less beer related their posts become.

Get used to it, there is a handful of "superstars" on this board and it's basically their personal chat room. It seems the more people post, the less beer related their posts become.

That's a pretty unfair assesment don't you think? I could take a sample of numerous people with high post counts and although they may chat among eachother more, they still jump in and help out with brewing questions all of the time.

That's a pretty unfair assesment don't you think? I could take a sample of numerous people with high post counts and although they may chat among eachother more, they still jump in and help out with brewing questions all of the time.
Sure it is, but the internet is all about generalizing. I didn't really mean it as a negative thing though, thats just how it is. There is a lot of the same questions asked over and over and over on here and you can only type out the same answer so many times before getting bored. Only about 5% of the beer-related content on here is involved enough to keep and experienced brewer coming back. So while searching for that stuff you end up posting in the off topic threads that you see.

Sure it is, but the internet is all about generalizing. I didn't really mean it as a negative thing though, thats just how it is. There is a lot of the same questions asked over and over and over on here and you can only type out the same answer so many times before getting bored. Only about 5% of the beer-related content on here is involved enough to keep and experienced brewer coming back. So while searching for that stuff you end up posting in the off topic threads that you see.

Amen, brotha'! I agree wholeheartedly.

I'm going to guess that I'm one of those that you're talking about... ;)

I confess, I don't post as much pure beer-stuff anymore, and you're right - it's hard to answer the same question two hundred times. Trust me, though - go back through my history, there's a ****-ton of beer questions I've answered.

I'm going to guess that I'm one of those that you're talking about... ;)

I confess, I don't post as much pure beer-stuff anymore, and you're right - it's hard to answer the same question two hundred times. Trust me, though - go back through my history, there's a ****-ton of beer questions I've answered.

Same here. I still do today, more or less depending on how busy I am and how much I feel like answering a question I've answered a nutload of times. Plus, since Revvy showed up, it's easier and easier to slack off in this regard, because that mf'er is like the help desk---he lurks around here and just answers questions as they pop up, usually within 30 seconds. :D

Sorry, I misunderstood what you were saying.

Same here. I still do today, more or less depending on how busy I am and how much I feel like answering a question I've answered a nutload of times. Plus, since Revvy showed up, it's easier and easier to slack off in this regard, because that mf'er is like the help desk---he lurks around here and just answers questions as they pop up, usually within 30 seconds. :D

Revvy is a stud. I think he has sacrified his worldly life just to serve the people here at HBT.

I have a highish post count for a noob. Sure, I post a lot of nonsense in the off topic threads and can't help other noobs much on account of my own noobiness. I use this place as somewhere to drip learn what I need. I'm no avid reader, but visit all the threads daily, and learn by osmosis for when I will need that info in the future. The off topic forums provide a good service as a means of taking a break from the learning while the new knowledge sinks in. At the same time they help us get to know what makes eachother tick, apart from beer, of course. :)

Um, I remember it perfectly well, but out of respect for EvilTOJ I shall not utter it.

(you can tell from my sig EXACTLY how much respect I have for him.... :D)

I'd hate to single out one person, since everyone on this board has helped me progress from a giant sized n00b, but ETOJ (that was in between the name that shall not be mentioned and EvilTOJ) has had the patience to help me progress from the giant sized n00b to a normal n00b brewer. I actually feel confident answering some basic questions on the forum now (hopefully most answers are not leading people in the wrong direction).

YUCK!

and A Kings Ransome to the first person that remembers EvilTOJ's old name!

There's an Eminem song about it.

Honestly Revvy, I don't know how you do it. I thought I spent a lot of time on HBT, but in less than a year you have well surpassed my post count of almost two years on HBT. And your posts aren't short either.

Honestly Revvy, I don't know how you do it. I thought I spent a lot of time on HBT, but in less than a year you have well surpassed my post count of almost two years on HBT. And your posts aren't short either.

Just a combination of patience, the magic of cut and past, fasting typing skills, AND working in academia, on a fast computer that allows me to have hbt pretty much open all the time...oh and no life as we know it.

I still answer an awful lot of beer-related questions, but not many are about decoctions or water chemistry. Maybe I'm a little intimated by "hard" questions so I usually defer to the more experienced in those cases. I still learn things nearly every day, so I don't feel that I've outgrown HBT as a brewer. I guess I'm a slower learner than most, though, if I'm reading this right.

Back