Group Buy in Chicago #6

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do we set the cutoff for this current buy?

• Close it on Monday, October 8, 2012 11:59 PM

• Close it when we reach 164 sacks?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To those of you paying with chase, I am waiting for chase to send to trial transactions (under $1 each) so my account can be verified. Once this is verified the money will be transferred to my account. They say it takes 2-3 days.

ok. I think I will stop adding anymore stuff/participants to this group buy. There are about 5 people who have not paid yet. Let's get those payments in. If you have already paid, please check the spreadsheet to make sure you are marked off as paid. The Chase transfers have all gone through except for one person who I have emailed about it. It will take 2-3 days for the transfers to show up on my account. Same thing applies for the paypal transfers. Realistically speaking, probably will not see grain until next week unless the outstanding payments get paid by today.

paid...bill, i didn't see where i pay any fee?? i selected buying an item, not a gift, but i don't think they charged me. let me know if i owe you anything

Woooo! Can't wait to get the grain back to my place to brew the mess out of some English ales.

ok. one person, who had only one sack, dropped out just now. that leaves two people unpaid. I am currently exchanging emails with one of them and will try to coordinate payment in person possibly. the other person has not responded. I will wait only one day then i will just drop them. sorry to be the grain nazi but we need to move this along.

bmason1623 said:
ok. one person, who had only one sack, dropped out just now. that leaves two people unpaid. I am currently exchanging emails with one of them and will try to coordinate payment in person possibly. the other person has not responded. I will wait only one day then i will just drop them. sorry to be the grain nazi but we need to move this along.

What his order contain, maybe we can absorb it without much change.. next buy its when Mar/Apr?

Go bears! That's the way to start that sheidt

Neopol said:
What his order contain, maybe we can absorb it without much change.. next buy its when Mar/Apr?

Go bears!

Look at the big order that is still unpaid...

Look at the big order that is still unpaid...

It looks like the bag of C40 is a split already, so someone may just need to buy his third or quarter, whatever it was. He may also be splitting a Maris, so that's 2 1/2 to cover. Someone already said they'd pick up one sack. Hopefully Frank will just be ready to go in time, but there may be interest in much of his goods otherwise. COULD go quickly...?

I think he only had a third of that rye as well. He was also a buyer of a third of cara from theonebuz.
That would leave:
1/3 rye (and a buyer)
1/3 C40 (and a buyer)
1/3 cara (theonebuz paid)
1/2 bag of TF maris (if idigg and jmg727 are still interested in getting theirs)
1 GW 2-row
and 32 oz of star san
seems managable in short term, possibly.

If someone can lay it out what is left, I may just pick it up

I think that if you add the other dude's canadian 2-row to my list, and the two fellas I think MAY be interested in maris, then you'd have a full layout.
Bill, yes?

1/3 rye (and a buyer)
1/3 C40 (and a buyer)
1/2 bag of TF maris (if idigg and jmg727 are still interested in getting theirs)
1 GW 2-row
and 32 oz of star san

Other dude:
canadian 2-row

ThirstT said:
I think that if you add the other dude's canadian 2-row to my list, and the two fellas I think MAY be interested in maris, then you'd have a full layout.
Bill, yes?

1/3 rye (and a buyer)
1/3 C40 (and a buyer)
1 GW 2-row
and 32 oz of star san

Other dude:
canadian 2-row

Let's wait another day for the other dude to respond.

Let's give the man/woman a chance to respond before we pick the carcass clean. We look like we have a contingency plan, I'll absorb 2 full sacks, no splits, I'm in 5 already.

I think he only had a third of that rye as well. He was also a buyer of a third of cara from theonebuz.
That would leave:
1/3 rye (and a buyer)
1/3 C40 (and a buyer)
1 GW 2-row
and 32 oz of star san
seems managable in short term, possibly.

I amalready PAID for a 1/3 sack of the rye malt with homebrewfrank. I contacted him and havent gotten any response.

WOW you guys are fast...
so just checking: the cara, rye and c40 is spoken for?

First of all, my haste has been slowed. Bill and Neo are making sure those who placed orders have the opportunity to acquire their orders. However, if my estimations are correct, all three of those thirds are still available unless ghoti claimed them.

There may be more two whole bags of maris on top of the half a bag that I listed, that is Bill already satisfied the two folks listed in parenthesis. However, nothing that I am doing here is official. I'm just being manic at the moment, trying to offer a helpful .02

I amalready PAID for a 1/3 sack of the rye malt with homebrewfrank. I contacted him and havent gotten any response.

Right, that's something that I did not consider. That could complicate things.

I sent him a email to his paypal email address. I really don't want to have to wait possibly 45 days to get my money back from him.

Again let's give the man/woman another day to check in on this..looks like their last post was 10/18. Benefit of doubt, please as you would want for yourself.
I'm not official either, but I dig fairness...my .02999999

Anyone now this guy personally?

Neopol said:
Again let's give the man/woman another day to check in on this..looks like their last post was 10/18. Benefit of doubt, please as you would want for yourself.
I'm not official either, but I dig fairness...my .02999999

Heard, I'm done

He just emailed me. I'm going to propose that we meet somewhere so he can pay up. Evidently, his bank is causing problems with PayPal.

Wow!!!! Im almost afraid to post anything lol.....im so sorry everyone, may i say eff Bank of America!!!!??? I will be meeting with Bill tomorrow to pay up, i would hate to be "that guy" and hold everyone back any more than i already have

homebrewfrank said:
Wow!!!! Im almost afraid to post anything lol.....im so sorry everyone, may i say eff Bank of America!!!!??? I will be meeting with Bill tomorrow to pay up, i would hate to be "that guy" and hold everyone back any more than i already have

BofA, chase, they all suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back