Any Stiegl Goldbrau Clones

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't but am interested to see what you hear back - I was thinking to brew a batch some day if nothing more than to recall my cycling trip in Osterreich!

B

If no one has a clone recipe, Any suggestions on making a recipe close to it? Pils, aromatics, carapils, saaz, hallertau, low mash temp, long boil? any help here? I have basically no experience brewing pils or lagering.

Holy cow - me too. Stiegl is one of my all time favorite beers. I would imagine it is mostly all pilsner malt....I wish I had a place to buy some here in Dallas, I'd really pay attention and try to figure it out.

I could have swore it had a bit of a honey taste instead of a real hoppy taste when I was drinking it the past weekend. This was the Goldbrau and draft :)

Fantastic find! I've never even heard of that stuff. I'm going to order some and brew a test batch with it. I'll probably go 9lbs. pilsner malt and 1lb. honey malt. Now hops - that's the next key to figure out. I'll try some mittlefruh and see how that holds up. Yeast....no idea.

I use it in a honey corriander steam, and add a bit to a pale ale... A pound may be a bit on the heavy side, at 10% of total grain bill.

Yeah....I think I'll order a few pounds of it with my next order to NB and make some tea with it to see how sweet it really is first.

Back