has anyone brewed with lemongrass

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yoyokid82005

Reaction score
i was at the sam adams brewery for a tour with my buddies a few months back and one of the beers that was just at the brewery was a lemongrass hef. it was wicked good i want to try making sometime. my question is when should i the lemongrass. while boilign like steeping it or while ferm? i have worked with it before making tom yum soup and its added at about the end of the soup to give it flavor, but i also added some when i added the broth to give it body. sorry i rambled i was thinking of my practical while i was at school.

I just got a AHS Lemon grass Wheat mini-mash kit the other day and will be brewing it up in a week or so.

I agree with you and now I'm trying to make the same.

I'm pretty sure the Hopback Brewery added lemongrass to one of their beers. It was very subtle, but a damn good beer. Presumably the aromatic oils would be driven off by any boiling, so I'd second david_42's suggestion to add it at flameout.

Back