Perlick Flow Control Review and Sale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Perlick "Flow Control" Faucet.
Review and Sale!
We received the new Perlick "Flow Control" faucet last week and I had an opportunity to put it through some testing at a party last weekend. I attached it to a keg using a upright metal riser that fits directly on the keg and then has the faucet attached to the top. I have had these uprights for some time, but stopped using them with regular metal faucets because they did not provide enough restriction. I thought this would be the ultimate way to test one of the new "Flow Control" faucets. The faucet worked well and you could adjust it for less foam, but this would slow the pour down. What was nice is that as you used the keg though the weekend and the temperature and carbonation rate changed in the keg (as it often does at events like this) you could just dial in the mix of flow vs foam you wanted. This would work well on a home kegerator if you change styles of beer between higher and lower carbonated beers. For example, if you were serving a stout at 8PSI and then switched to an IPA you were serving at 14PSI you just change the flow rate to give you the mix of flow vs foam. This faucet is expensive and probably not for everyone, but in the right circumstance it is very useful! We will have this faucet on sale for the next week at an introductory price of $44.95. Here is a link:

http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=619

Back