Craft beers available in Florida

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ridire

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Traveling this week to Florida. What craft beers should I be looking for that I probably cannot get at home, in the north? Assuming I can kick this Ebola virus I have.

Cigar City in Tampa is excellent.

If you haven't heard of it, http://www.seekabrew.com/distro/index.html is an awesome site that allows you to see what is distributed in every state. Pick yours and where you are traveling to see what you can get in FL that you can't get where you live.

So I just checked and you don't get Oskar Blues (surprised that you don't - we just started getting it in Cincinnati). I haven't had a bad beer from them yet. Their Dale's pale ale is very good. Deviant Dale's IPA is great and Ten Fiddy is an amazing stout (10.5% ABV).

It says limited for Clown Shoes, but everything I've had from them is great. Their Vampire Slayer stout is excellent.

Green Flash makes some great beers.

Enjoy your trip. I wish I was heading south now!

Cigar City was the one I already knew of. I'll be on the other side of the state but will look for it packaged. Thanks for the link.

Check out the app "myBeerNation" on your phone or tablet. I check that everytime i am in a new place.

Depends on where in Florida you are - a lot of our breweries are not distributed throughout the entire state. I hear Funky Buddha does some awesome stuff. Swamp Head makes solid beers.

Where are you going? we have a new brewery in Fort Myers. Fort Myers Brewing company. I think they are at world of beer in Fort Myers, but not sure where else. I have been to their tasting room.

caver95 said:
Where are you going? we have a new brewery in Fort Myers. Fort Myers Brewing company. I think they are at world of beer in Fort Myers, but not sure where else. I have been to their tasting room.

Fort Pierce/Port St Lucie

What part of FL are you going to be in? Tampa has a few good breweries, as well as Jacksonville. Funky Buddha has great beers, but they are out of Boca Raton. There's even a couple in Tallahassee now if that's where you will be.

Tampa
Cigar City
7th Sun
Dunedin
Big Storm
Barley Mow
Rapp
Tampa Bay BC

Funny thing is, I usually make a point of having at least one Yeungling while in Florida because I can find it there but not in Michigan, which is much, much closer to where it's made. They're like the granddaddy, so I feel obligated to pay homage.

Cigar City (Tampa)
Bold City (Jacksonville)
Due South (boynton beach)
Engine 15 (Jacksonville Beach)
Florida Beer Company (Melbourne)
Green Room (Jacksonville Beach)
Holy Mackerel Beers (Ft Lauderdale)
Inlet (Sebastian)
Mile Marker (St Augustine)
Native (Ft. Lauderdale)
Seventh Sun (Dunedin)
St. Somewhere (tarpon springs)
Swamp Head (gainesville)
Orlando Brewing
Tequesta
Three Palms (tampa)

Score!!

image-2078195039.jpg

Funny thing is, I usually make a point of having at least one Yeungling while in Florida because I can find it there but not in Michigan, which is much, much closer to where it's made. They're like the granddaddy, so I feel obligated to pay homage.

That's because yeungling has a brewery in florida.

Pretty much all of the ABC Liquors - even in the hick towns - devote a shelf in their beer aisle to local beers so that might be worth checking out

Like a bunch of others have said, Cigar City is awesome. Tampa Bay Brewing Company and Rapp also have some great brews. Tampa Bay Brewing brews on site and their beers and food are top notch. The Moosekiller barelywine is my favorite. Swamp Head Brewery has a killer saison also.

I spent a summer in Florida, and spent more time at a bar called "World of Beer" (there are multiples) than anywhere else. I'm not sure if there is one close to you, but their selection is ridiculous. :mug:

Back