Return of the Jedi on Spike

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Ewoks are now classic, but they were the Jar Jar binks of their time.

I think George needs to get back to basics with this franchise and a return to the dark days of ESB would not be amiss. The best parts of the movies had nothing to do with cuteness and were kind of depressing.

For all the crap the new prequel movies got, you have to admit episode 3 was pretty dark and gritty. Revenge of the Sith stands on its own up with ESB and the original film. In many ways it exceeds the quality of ROTJ.

For all the crap the new prequel movies got, you have to admit episode 3 was pretty dark and gritty. Revenge of the Sith stands on its own up with ESB and the original film. In many ways it exceeds the quality of ROTJ.

Yes, that is true. And he should do more of that in the future. Jar Jar and his ilk did nothing to improve the comic relief of C3PO and some random characters. The goofiness ruins the films IMO.

I have the original three on VHS.

Time to update.

I can't watch movies I own on TV.

Tex, if you have blu-ray you can't go wrong with the boxed "Complete Saga". My SWMBO gifted it to me and it is overall very good quality. If you have the originals on VHS keep those as Lucas changed a bunch of crap but the box release has fixed a little bit.

I just realized something.

ROTJ has Leia in a Golden Bikini. Reason enough to love that Episode!

(Just saw Carrie Fisher on an old 30 Rock episode. She's getting old, but I'd still do her.)

I got lucky and grabbed the limited edition DVDs when they were out. I have seen the special editions, unfortunately, but I don't have to watch them. Whenever I see them playing on spike, I have a desire to watch them again, so I pop the disk in and watch them as they should have stayed.

Back