3 section fermentation chamber with ebay temp controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I apologize, but it sounds to me that you are just looking or excuses to not start your fermentation chamber build. I would encourage you to try the second design I put together. It was cheap and quick and easy.

No apologies, but I use a 5cf chest freezer with Ranco as a ferm. chamber. It was double the price of your build (but was it really when you take into account labor it took for you to build?), but I know it works. Also, I got the chest freezer new....if I bought used I'm sure my method would have come it at equivalent price to yours (cheaper when you count the labor that went into yours)

Hey, I'm all for DIY stuff if for no other reason than to do it. It's just that I at the end of it all I want to have a workable product. My point was that I'm not sure that these DIY large-capacity ferm. chambers fit that bill most of the time, and I wanted to point that out to other folks considering this build.

Mine works great and its in a steel shop no a/c in Houston. I lager and I can take it down to freezing if needed. I was having a problem with the coil starting to freeze up over time and had to extend the compressor time delay to 7 min.. Was definatly not cheap and lot of man hrs ,but i like to create things. When you do stuff like this there is a learning curve and you dont forget your lessons, and they apply to the next project or other equipment in your household... :mug:

cutting up 002.JPG

Mine works great and its in a steel shop no a/c in Houston. I lager and I can take it down to freezing if needed. I was having a problem with the coil starting to freeze up over time and had to extend the compressor time delay to 7 min.. Was definatly not cheap and lot of man hrs ,but i like to create things. When you do stuff like this there is a learning curve and you dont forget your lessons, and they apply to the next project or other equipment in your household... :mug:

what is your refrigeration source for it?

Back